Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TORONTO (AP) -Daniel Briere, Ales Kotalik and Chris Drury had a goal and assist each, and the Buffalo Sabres held on for a 4-3 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night.

Dmitri Kalinin also scored for the Sabres, who avoided their first three-game losing skid of the season. Buffalo leads the NHL with 63 points, one more than idle Anaheim and 19 ahead of Northeast Division-rival Toronto.

Carlo Colaiacovo, Alex Steen and Pavel Kubina scored for the Maple Leafs, who won 10-2 over Boston on Thursday. Toronto is 0-4 this season in games following victories with at least a four-goal margin.

Kubina - who signed a four-year, $20 million contract in the offseason - scored his first goal with Toronto on the power play at 15:28 of the third to cut the Maple Leafs' deficit to 4-3.

Toronto called a timeout with 1:18 left, but Jeff O'Neill received a late penalty.

The horn to signify a goal went off in the final seconds, but Toronto's John Pohl hit the side of the net despite shooting at a wide-open goal.
Since I was listening to the game, it was intense, and I think my heart skipped a beat :D b/c of the intesity

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts