Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Press
9/22/2006 9:21:26 PM

MONCTON, N.B. (CP) - It's only one game, a pre-season one at that, but you have to think Rick DiPietro was probably hoping for a better performance Friday night in his first start since signing a staggering US$67.5-million, 15-year contract.

The 25-year-old goalie gave up three goals on 14 shots in just over 33 minutes of action as the New York Islanders, with owner Charles Wang looking on, lost 5-1 to the Boston Bruins in a tuneup that also saw Ted Nolan coach his first NHL game in nine years.

''This game doesn't count - the big game is Oct. 5 when the season starts,'' DiPietro politely told reporters after the game. ''We just have to make sure we're ready for that night.''

DiPietro also took six minutes in penalties, including one minor for playing the puck in the forbidden zone in the corner and also an unsportsmanlike conduct for arguing a call.

''I felt pretty good out there until I took that unsportsmanlike penalty,'' DiPietro said. ''That was just a stupid mistake on my part.''

TSN : NHL - Canada's Sports Leader

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Ugh. :( Everytime I hear about that 15 year contract, I wonder what fans of the team are thinking. Do they like it? I know I wouldn't.

He hasn't exactly proven himself enough to get even 5 years IMO, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Ugh. :( Everytime I hear about that 15 year contract, I wonder what fans of the team are thinking. Do they like it? I know I wouldn't.

He hasn't exactly proven himself enough to get even 5 years IMO, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I agree whole heartedly, I think that was just nuts!!!! :thumbsdow

Plus the fact that he has nothing to play for, there's nothing to prove, he is set for life!!! All he has to do is sit back, play his games, whether on top of the game or not, and deposit his paycheck every month!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts