Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Associated Press
9/28/2006 10:35:34 PM

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - Sergei Brylin doesn't want to leave New Jersey and he gave Devils president Lou Lamoriello another reason to keep him on Thursday night.

Brylin scored the only goal in a shootout and Martin Brodeur stopped all three Philadelphia attempts to give the Devils a 5-4 victory over the Flyers in a pre-season game on Thursday night.

With the Devils over the NHL salary cap and the season opener about a week away, Lamoriello is going to have to make some moves to reduce his payroll. Brylin, who has been a member of all three Stanley Cup championship teams in New Jersey and makes US$1.5 million, is among those rumoured to be on the trading block.

"I have been here a long time and been through these things before," Brylin said. "This is a great place to play hockey. My family loves it here, but I can't do anything about it. The only thing I can control is my game. Whatever happens is going to happen. I am trying not to think about it."

Jamie Langenbrunner scored twice and Scott Gomez and Mike Rupp once for New Jersey, which rallied from a 4-1 second-period deficit to force the shootout. Brodeur finished with 26 saves and got the benefit of two goalposts for the Devils (3-3).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=179210&hubname=nhl

1 - 1 of 1 Posts