Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brian Leetch's jersey retirement game is coming this week. It's impossible to get tickets to the game, but I have chosen the next best thing. I'm going to the viewing party at the MSG theatre. You can watch the game and festivities on HD tvs. Hockey Night live will be broadcast on the stage. Special guests will include Rod Gilbert, Adam Graves, Mike Richter, the man himself Brian Leetch and much more.

It's going to be huge. Are any of you fellow blueshirt fans going?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm gunna be there :cheeky4:

im only joking....

but yea, ill be there....im a season ticket holder...

I hope you guys find a way of getting tickets ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's Great!

I live in the same town as Brian and have met him a number of times. Besides being a great hockey player he is also a fine person. He has donated much of his time to the local youth program and has been very generous to people asking for an autograph. When he played for the Bruins he had 10 season tickets that he freely distributed to family, friends and residents. My son and I have sat in those seats. It surprised me that he just seemed to fade away after the Bruins without any fanfare. I'm thrilled to hear that the Rangers are recognizing him in this special way.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Seeing Domi & Langdon bring the Harley out on the ice was awesome.

Leetch did great with his speech for one not known to be the most vocal of all people. Well deserved.

Next is Graves.

·
Registered
987 Posts
It was a great night. It was more subdued than Messier Night. On Messier Night they kept the house lights down in the Garden and I was clapping for an hour straight and even though it felt like my hands were bleeding by the end I wouldn't stop. When the lights came on everything was in one piece. The biggest cheer was when Leetch announced that Graves was next for jersey retirement. Graves was completely stunned and the Garden went nuts. Leetch was a better speaker than I'd thought that he'd be. We were laughing when they brought Jan Erixon of all people out. I knew that Domi would be there because his picture was in the paper that day but Langdon was a surprise. On Messier Night they brought almost the whole 94 team back. I was surprised to see Brad Park too. A good time was had by all - except Ken Klee who was hit near the eye with a puck. It looked horrible at the game but I've heard that he's OK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts