Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're back. It's been a nerve wracking series but Detroit resolve pulls through. Yeah I can hear it now. The refs were bad. Actually they stunk. I'm starting to think these new rules are crap. When you see players going out of their way to avoid making any contact at all for fear of a penalty then it takes away from the game. Datsyuk and Zetterburg rocked. Lightning speed. Where are you hckyfn???? I almost miss your heckling. Mr 5 hole has to play better though. Best of three now. Edmonton is slowly abandoning the trap becuase it is boring. I'm sure the players would just rather play straight up hockey than have to concentrate on clog up the neutral zone first, worry about scoring second.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The Wings won last night to even their series. I'm not surprised, as I have stated on this forum previously that the Wings should win their series, but only after the Oilers scare the daylights out of them. So far, my prediction can come true. If anything, the Oilers are showing that the Wings are far from the powerhouse that their regular season record made them out to be. I was at the Pond last night cheering on our Ducks, who evened up their series, thank you for asking.

I will admit this, that the Oilers and Flames both play the worst clutch and grab style of any teams in the playoffs, and it usually means that the teams they are playing, are forced into that mode when they play them. I much prefer a free flowing, attack game, but that kind of game is non-existent when the playoffs come.

Both Detroit and Anaheim still have to win 2 more gaems to advance, and the Flames and Oilers are not going to just roll over and give the games to them. home ice doesn't mean much, and we might see both of these series going 7 games. If that happens, then anything could happen in a one game, winner take all matchup.

Still, it would be nice to see the old Wings put out to pasture!

·
Registered
14 Posts
i hate the fuckin trap, word to minnesota; your gonna stop selling out these games if you keep up this borning shit.
Im an experianced hockey player, we've all done the trap, and we know it sucks. "lets just wait till they make a mistake and never take risks" i hate it.
way to beat a trap: skate hard and dont make any dumb passes cross ice through the neutral zone

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's funny that you are an experienced hockey player yet you dont even understand that what the oilers played against detriot wasnt the trap, yeah it had similiarities, but it wasn't the trap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
"you dont even understand that what the oilers played against detriot wasnt the trap......."

DID I EVER SAY THAT THEY PLAYED A TRAP......no, just said i disagree with it dude

1 - 5 of 5 Posts