Hockey Fan Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
These are some awesome pictures Olympia! That box office pic of '95 is the best. I only got to see the Garden once or twice when I was wicked young, so I don't really remember it. Do you have any other pictures of the inside? Like hallways or concession stands or the front windows or the like? I've seen a ton of the ice/parquet/banners, but I can't find many pics of anything else. Or do you know of anyone with video from inside the Garden? Like a virtual tour?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
boston garden

NumbahFourBobbyOrr said:
These are some awesome pictures Olympia! That box office pic of '95 is the best. I only got to see the Garden once or twice when I was wicked young, so I don't really remember it. Do you have any other pictures of the inside? Like hallways or concession stands or the front windows or the like? I've seen a ton of the ice/parquet/banners, but I can't find many pics of anything else. Or do you know of anyone with video from inside the Garden? Like a virtual tour?
I have photos of the hallways and concession stands. i saw 9 hockey games at the boston garden. i was also lucky to have taken the boston garden tours and took video of the famous arena.i have a website on yahoo for the boston garden but since the moderators here dont like the idea of posting about it here send me a private message here and i can send you the link to the site.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Boston Garden

Here is a photo that i took of the boston garden showing one of the lower level scoreboards. the olympia stadium in detroit had similar scoreboards located in the lower level also behind each goal in the 1970s.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
The scoreboard clocks at Boston Garden and Chicago Stadium were manufactured by Fair-Play, which is still in business today. Chicago's was installed in 1946, and there's a great photo of it in the book "The Stadium," a commemorative book on Chicago Stadium.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chicago Stadium Bulova scoreboard

Hi:

I was wondering if you had a chance to see if you had a picture of the old Chicago Stadium interior ice rink with analogue scoreboard in your collection.

Please email me at [email protected].

Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have photos of the hallways and concession stands. i saw 9 hockey games at the boston garden. i was also lucky to have taken the boston garden tours and took video of the famous arena.i have a website on yahoo for the boston garden but since the moderators here dont like the idea of posting about it here send me a private message here and i can send you the link to the site.
Olympia,

I saw that you mentioned you had a website on Yahoo for the old Garden. I tried to send you a PM asking you for the link if that's OK with you, but I encountered an error, bringing me to this thread. If that site still exists, could you please give me the link if you get a moment? Thank you very much

·
Registered
3 Posts
Chicago Stadium Scoreboard

Well, everyone, I get an OOPS.

The Chicago Stadium clock from the '40s through the '70s was actually made by Bulova. I've done some research and there appear to have been four identical clocks made: one for Chicago Stadium, one for the Detroit Olympia, one for the Boston Garden, and one for the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium. The Buffalo installation appears to have been done somewhere between 1947 and 1949.

I'm trying to get the archivist from Bulova to dig through whatever records and photos the company has from that far back to see if they can provide information on the physical dimensions, cost, etc.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts