Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread will cover the history of the historic boston garden the home of the boston bruins.i will be posting photos and other items from the old arena.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boston Garden 1929

In this photo taken in 1929 you are looking at the rear of the boston garden. you can also see the office building that was next door to the garden being constructed.the new fleetcenter was built in this same area only 12 inches from the boston garden.

Attachments

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dean Youngblood said:
Excellent shots...

Now all yuo have to do is find some better photos of the construction crews taking it down. :D
Glad that you like the photos.i saw 9 hockey games at the boston garden and loved the historic arena. i hate the fleetcenter with a passion. i still say today that they could have renovated the boston garden.i will be posting more photos soon.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Been to a few games at the old garden before they tore it down...Now i live at the fleet.

You don't get the stink and the close atmosphere of the crowd the way you used to, but imo, the fleet (Td Banknorth Garden) is an excellent place to watch a bruins game.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Death Of A Arena

This is one of the sadest photos i have ever seen in the demolition of the historic boston garden.and ever since boston left the garden they have not had any success on the ice.the fleetcenter is one of the biggest dumps around right next to the united center in chicago.as you can see in the photo the new arena was built around 12 inches from the garden. real close.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts