Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems he can do more then fight. He has been getting scoring chances on the 4th line by driving to the net and chipped in a goal in last nights game vs the Sens. :laugh:

Im liking what i am seeing from the new look Rangers. Some of these kids are exciting. I finally see a future.

Rangers 4-1 now. :bt

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Seems he can do more then fight. He has been getting scoring chances on the 4th line by driving to the net and chipped in a goal in last nights game vs the Sens. :laugh:

Im liking what i am seeing from the new look Rangers. Some of these kids are exciting. I finally see a future.

Rangers 4-1 now. :bt
With 2 goals in 255 games, I'd say he can't.

He's a goon, and a badly overpaid one at that.

Daryl

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With 2 goals in 255 games, I'd say he can't.

He's a goon, and a badly overpaid one at that.

Daryl
What i meant is what i have seen of him so far in pre-season. Past is past and it's all about what you do for me now. He is a Ranger now and hopefully he can remain to show he is better now then in the past regardless if he is overpaid or not.

Even if he doesn't show up on the score sheet he was brought to the Rangers to be an enforcer. Players like Gaborik who was one dropped his gloves last season while not one Ranger came to his aid.

Overpaid for sure he is but the Rangers needed to address a need and that was to sew up the vagina play of last seasons Rangers.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Rangers had a great pre-season! great goal scoring from everyone, and youngsters like Stephan played great. Hopefully he's making the Rangers team. He deserves a spot on the 2nd line while Drury and Prospal are out.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah but remember how well Orr worked out for the Rangers, and Voros, and Brashear, and Shelley, and...hmmm...I sense a pattern here.

Orr? He played well defensive and could fight no problem at all with his play. Voros im not sure you could put fighter or goon lable on him cuz he just couldn't win fights. Shelly played good for the 2 months he was a Ranger.

Brashear on the other hand was a huge mistake and you forgot to mention Hollwig. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
What i meant is what i have seen of him so far in pre-season. Past is past and it's all about what you do for me now. He is a Ranger now and hopefully he can remain to show he is better now then in the past regardless if he is overpaid or not.

Even if he doesn't show up on the score sheet he was brought to the Rangers to be an enforcer. Players like Gaborik who was one dropped his gloves last season while not one Ranger came to his aid.
Overpaid for sure he is but the Rangers needed to address a need and that was to sew up the vagina play of last seasons Rangers.
Is this all about the Carcillo/Gaborik incident or was Gaborik being bullied all season? If it's mainly about the Carcillo incident then there is nothing anyone could do, even Boogaard. They were tied up and started fighting (Gaborik appeared to be just as much as an instigator as Carcillo), what would you of liked someone to do? If it was an ongoing problem than it should stop somewhat with him in the lineup. I'm hoping Shelley pounds Orr's face in because he was harrassing Richards for a couple of games last season, would of been nice to have a heavy weight in the lineup.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Orr? He played well defensive and could fight no problem at all with his play. Voros im not sure you could put fighter or goon lable on him cuz he just couldn't win fights. Shelly played good for the 2 months he was a Ranger.

Brashear on the other hand was a huge mistake and you forgot to mention Hollwig. :laugh:
How could I forget Hollweg? I hated that little bastard with a passion when he was a Ranger.

And I really shouldn't talk, I wish Janssen was still a Devil.:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts