Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Associated Press
9/24/2006 10:33:56 PM

ST. LOUIS (AP) - Brett Hull, the high-scoring former St. Louis star who set numerous franchise records in 11 seasons with the Blues, will have his No. 16 jersey retired by the team in December.

"It's going to be great," new Blues president John Davidson said. "He made a huge impact on this franchise."

Hull holds franchise records for goals (527), hat tricks (27), game-winning goals (70), power-play goals (195) and shots on goal (3,367) and ranks second in assists (409), points (936) and short-handed goals (18). He scored 86 goals in 1990-91, third-most in NHL history.

Hull retired last season and is now assistant to the president of the Dallas Stars. He'll be honoured before a Dec. 5 game against the Detroit Red Wings.

"This will be a tremendous honour for my name and number to be hanging up there with not only great players, but some of the greatest people to ever play the game," Hull said. "My time as a Blue were some of the best years of my life, and I look forward to watching my number go to the rafters in front of the best hockey fans anywhere."

TSN : NHL - Canada's Sports Leader

1 - 1 of 1 Posts