Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
St. Louis, MO (Sports Network) - The St. Louis Blues named former defenseman Al MacInnis their vice president of hockey operations on Tuesday.

MacInnis spent the final 10 seasons of his career with St. Louis after playing the first 13 years of his career with Calgary, where he won a Stanley Cup and was named the Conn Smythe Trophy winner in 1989.

The former blue liner skated in 613 games with the Blues and ranks first among the club's all-time defenseman in goals (127), assists (325) and points (452). He appeared in seven All-Star games while with the Blues and won the Norris Trophy as the league's best defenseman in 1999.

"I want to thank Dave Checketts and John Davidson for giving me this new opportunity with the Blues," said MacInnis. "The club is important to me and it will be our priority to put a competitive team on the ice working towards the Stanley Cup."

MacInnis ranks third all-time among defenseman in goals (340), assists (934) and points (1,274) while his 1,416 total games played is sixth all-time.

Best known for his thunderous slap shot that won him numerous hardest-shot titles, MacInnis was selected 15th overall by the Flames in 1981.

FULL STORY

1 - 1 of 1 Posts