Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Associated Press
9/8/2006 3:09:08 PM

It stands to reason that one of the more interesting training camp battles in the NHL begins next week in the Show Me State when the St. Louis Blues open training camp.

Manny Legace, Curtis Sanford and Jason Bacashihua have been given no promises as to who will be the starting goalie.

''When you look at it all three of our goalies, they have a lot to prove, and the spot and the opportunity is there for somebody to jump up and be that No. 1 guy,'' Blues GM Larry Pleau said this week. ''So the competition has got to be key for us . . . I think they all understand, there's really no promises, it's wide open. Come and show everyone in the hockey world that you're the No. 1 goalie.''

TSN : NHL - Canada's Sports Leader

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think that's the way it should be. They have to prove their salt, in the eyes of the fans, just like any other player. I'm looking forward to the new season, but I have to say I'm a bit worried about the goalie situation. I mean, they look alright, but we'll have to wait and see how they do during the game!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah fair is fair, really nobodies a stand out, I like Legacy and Sanford, but I'm pulling for Bacashihua. I thought Both Sanford and Bacashihua did a bang up job last year, considering. I dont want to get my hopes up like I did with Lalime, Legacy has the ability to be the one, Sanford is a decent backup, and Bacashihua I think has the most promising future. But If I had to make the decision today, I wouldn't be able say one is better than the other either.

·
Registered
77 Posts
if i had to choose right now i'd say legace has the advantage because everyone has heard how good he's done with the wings in the season. But right now i'm saying sanford because if you can get 3 shutouts with the blues last year you must be doing something right!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts