Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSN.ca Staff
9/13/2006 5:35:48 PM

Faced with the prospect of unsigned offensive forward Nikolai Zherdev playing this season in Russia, the Columbus Blue Jackets have agreed to terms with free-agent winger Anson Carter.

Sources tell TSN Carter will receive $2.5 million on a one-year contract with the Blue Jackets.

''I knew Anson was going to be patient,'' his agent Pat Brisson of CAA Sports told Canadian Press on Wednesday. ''He deserves it after scoring 33 goals last year. It puts him in the right environment as well to succeed.''

The Blue Jackets and Zherdev have been at loggerheads over a new contract. The Blues Jackets recently offered Zherdev a series of proposals -- $1.25 million on a one year deal; $3.9 million on a two-year deal; and, $6.9 million on a three-year deal -- but general manager Doug MacLean received no response from Zherdev or his representative.

TSN : NHL - Canada's Sports Leader

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anson Carter played it really smart. I was hoping he would go to Toronto, but oh well. Columbus better put him on a line with some good players.

·
Registered
1 Posts
TheShow said:
Anson Carter played it really smart. I was hoping he would go to Toronto, but oh well. Columbus better put him on a line with some good players.
unfortunately, the jackets really don't have many good players. i was hoping the wings would get him, he does need a center to get him the puck and unless he plays with federoff, it might be a long season for anson. it's gonna be another long season for columbus that's for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, Im a big fan of Greg Mauldin, but after the end of last season i cannot find out what team he is on NHL or AHL or if he's done playing if anyone can help me please do. Thanks
i also dont really know how to post things and stuff, but i know he was signed with the columbus blue jackets for a while

1 - 5 of 5 Posts