Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Kansas City Scouts photo [other than the face picture in the 1975-1976 Scouts Media Guide...have that small picture] of Bill Oleschuk wearing his goalie mask and goalie equipment.

Bill Oleschuk played one game for the Kansas City Scouts during the 1975-1976 season.

Does anyone know the Game Date and/or opponent [newspaper article etc.] that he played his only game with the Scouts, a Loss in which Bill surrendered 4 goals?

Am new to these chat rooms, so please bear with my slow PC. Thank you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only photos I've seen of him are with the Rockies. I think I've probably got some of his cards. The only Scout photo I've seen is the one on goaliesarchive.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello ts8586,

Thank you for letting me know. Yes, the Goalies Archive web site is tremendously helpful and awesome. Have digital images of Bill Oleschuk with the Colorado Rockies and many other goalies in general. Let me know if anyone is looking for a particular goaltender. Would like to help out in any way.

After this post, found information from sealshockey.com website about Bill Oleschuk playing in goal against the California Seals and Gary Simmons in a game dated January 23, 1976 with the score listed as Seals - 4 Scouts -1.

This game does fit the Kansas City Scouts 1975-1976 pocket schedule as a road game in Oakland, California. Still looking for the Bill Oleschuk Scouts photo [mentioned in the post] and would like a newspaper or article too.

Trying to order Brad Kurtzberg's "Shorthanded: The Untold Story of the Seals: Hockey's Most Colorful Team" book [ISBN: 1425910289 ] from a bookstore so maybe the answers are in there.

Have to go for now.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
456 Posts
First NHL game

I remember the first game he ever played: it was against
California and the Seals strafed him for 52 shots as
the Seals won 4-1.

The late Gump Worsley when he played for the Rangers:
"Which team gives you the most trouble?"
"The Rangers!"

Bill Oleschuk would quip something like that with regards
to the Scouts and Rockies! Yecch! What a sorry team.
You expected to eat rubber when you were in the
Scouts or Rockies net. Oh, the poor goalkeepers who had to
toil in that goal...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts