Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think what the biggest Signing and the biggest trade was in this past off Season? I say the biggest signing would be either Zdeno Chara going to Boston or Owen Nolan coming back and signing with Phoenix. The biggest Trade was by far the Luongo - Bertuzzi Trade. Havlat Trade wasn't big enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,388 Posts
Biggest signing: Would have to be Patrik Elias Signing a seven-year deal worth $42 million with New Jersey

Biggest trade: Would have to be the Luongo for Bertuzzi trade.

Biggest Surprise: Would have to be the Pronger fiasco!!

Stupidest Signing: That's the Havlat deal 100%, the most idiot thing that Chicago has ever done, aside from no televised games!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,041 Posts
Biggest signing--Elias's $42million, Brad Richards signing DEFINTLY for my team soooo much money in 3 players :mad:

Biggest trade--Jose Theodore trade, Joe Thornton trade, Luongo-Bertuzzi trade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,388 Posts
Amanda said:
Biggest signing--Elias's $42million, Brad Richards signing DEFINTLY for my team soooo much money in 3 players :mad:

Biggest trade--Jose Theodore trade, Joe Thornton trade, Luongo-Bertuzzi trade.
The Theodore/Thornton trades, didn't happen this summer!!! :D I know, picky, picky!! :laugh:

Yes the Brad Richards signing is a bit much, they all are really!!! :thumbsdow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,041 Posts
panoo2004 said:
The Theodore/Thornton trades, didn't happen this summer!!! :D I know, picky, picky!! :laugh:

Yes the Brad Richards signing is a bit much, they all are really!!! :thumbsdow
haha oops missed the Off season part lol my mistake
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,388 Posts
senatorsfan1987 said:
Okay the whole Pronger thing was a surprise. And what the hell who did Richards sign with? I never got told about this.
He's still with Tampa Bay, but they signed him to a 5 Year, $39m contract!!! Way TOOOOOOO much!!! :thumbsdow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
39 Million For 5 Years ?!?!??!?!?!?

OH my god! thats almost 8 Mil a year. That is way too much for Brad Richards. But I guess tampa wanted to keep him. Thats a great way to do it. But OH MY GOD!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,041 Posts
senatorsfan1987 said:
OH my god! thats almost 8 Mil a year. That is way too much for Brad Richards. But I guess tampa wanted to keep him. Thats a great way to do it. But OH MY GOD!
Ya I thought it was pretty insane also, 2nd highest paid NHL player I believe. I love Richy he is a very talented player and has great sportsmanship but $8mil when there are other players in the NHL who are better then he is, same with Lecavalier and St.Louis WAYYYY to much money in all 3 of them. It basically cost us Freddy Modin because we didn't have enough money in the cap to buy a goalie and keep Freddy. (Sorry to go off topic a bit haha)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Biggest signing: Elias w/ Devils.
Biggest trade: Havlat to Hawks/ Luongo to Canucks.
Bad Signing: 6 million a year is too much for Havlat right now, but it wont be long before he's scoring 45+ goals a year. Not as bad as people make the deal out to be. There were other teams going for Marty, so the Hawks had to offer more.
Biggest Joke: Pronger trade to Ducks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,444 Posts
I totally agree. The biggest signing happens to belong to the biggest player. Zdeno Chara.

Biggest trade was Luongo for Bertuzzi.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top