Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now whos taking a bigger risk? Detroit taking Dominik Hasek or Florida taking Ed Belfour? Its pretty close and I can't say.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I would have to say Florida, they are getting paid the same amount so it's not like if either flops the team would have wasted a lot of money to sign the veteran but its still $750,000 they could have used towards someone else.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Belfour.

Simply because Detroit is much more deep in net.
If Hasek were to get injured, they'd still have Osgood..and a rock solid backup in Jimmy Howard. Plus, if healthy...Hasek has shown he can handle the new nhl with ease.

I mean..Florida's starter is a great goaltender in Auld..but to me, he should be a backup for life(Don't play him too much, he'll do fine). If Belfour gets injured..this team is in deep trouble.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
I say Belfour with Florida.

Belfour should just be a back-up goalie, if anything, because he certainly isn't #1 goalie material anymore.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea I thought it would be hasek at first but i then again I didn't think about Osgood. So Florida is taking the bigger risk for they only have Alexander Auld in back. Hes not bad though.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Who's taking the bigger risk? Florida. But they were both stupid signings. I don't care that Detroit has Osgood to back him up, he's not good enough to win us anything in the playoffs if Hasek goes down. Heres to hoping that Howard is as good as the scouts say.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
wingsnut19 said:
Who's taking the bigger risk? Florida. But they were both stupid signings. I don't care that Detroit has Osgood to back him up, he's not good enough to win us anything in the playoffs if Hasek goes down. Heres to hoping that Howard is as good as the scouts say.
Yeah, they were both stupid signings!!!! IMO

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
It'll be about even I think. If both can stay healthy, they'll be good. They're already old anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Belfour

Belfour in Florida. Watched him play like an Eagle with a broken wing last season in Toronto...it was hard to watch. Hasek, as long he doesn't feign injuries is still good. Belfour is constantly injured, bad back, and should retire. I love him... but he needs to retire

1 - 14 of 14 Posts