Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSN.ca Staff with files from CP
12/18/2006 6:57:29 PM

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman met with representatives of Steve Moore and Todd Bertuzzi on Monday in hopes of agreeing to an out-of-court settlement in the C$19.5-million civil suit filed by the former Colorado Avalanche forward.

It wasn't clear whether any ground was made as those in attendance signed a confidentiality agreement.

''I am not at liberty to say anything on the subject. That's all I can tell you right now,'' Moore's lawyer Tim Danson told The Canadian Press when reached Monday on his cellphone.

Asked whether he would talk about the meeting at some point this week, he answered: ''Maybe later. I'm certainly happy to talk about the case but I can't talk about what's been rumoured about today.''

This type of mediation attempt is normal and routine, that while it's good the two sides are talking, there is no evidence to suggest any substantial headway was made.

This case is not likely to be heard in court for at least 18 months and perhaps as long a 2 1/2 years from now, so suffice to say, today's session is probably one of many that will be part of the process.

FULL STORYhttp://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=188938&hubname=nhl

1 - 1 of 1 Posts