Hockey Fan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Hmm, I never responded to this post. Ok well, Bauer/Nike, CCM and Easton are the best IMO, and Jofa/Titan suck IMO.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Stick: Innovative
Gloves: Eagle

The rest are all over rated and underrated.............CCM is the same a s Jofa while Bauer is the same as Nike its all in your head and Easton has to be the MOST overrated brand of hockey equipment of all time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i think the whole jofa hatred derives from North American europhobia, you all orginated from our countries but hate use for some reason...anyway the fact that more NHL'ers wear Jofa than any other brand shows they do something right, and i'll bet that CCM's poster boy Ovechkin wears some Jofa gear, what with being russian and all. And as for the whole "Jofa is CCM" crap, i'm sure thats purely on a corporate level, they arent actually producing exactly the same products are they? CCM dont use JDP in the same way that Jofa dont market their skates as Tacks, I'd buy a CCM helmet but never a fishbowl jofa one in the same way I'd buy Jofa shoulders put wouldnt touch those tacky, weak looking CCM ones with a dirty long pole. Oh, and you guys should hate Jofa even more now that Reebok own them as "RBK" (what the F*** is that about? damn hip hop culture) originated in good old blighty.

·
Registered
122 Posts
ryanb said:
i think the whole jofa hatred derives from North American europhobia, you all orginated from our countries but hate use for some reason...anyway the fact that more NHL'ers wear Jofa than any other brand shows they do something right, and i'll bet that CCM's poster boy Ovechkin wears some Jofa gear, what with being russian and all. And as for the whole "Jofa is CCM" crap, i'm sure thats purely on a corporate level, they arent actually producing exactly the same products are they? CCM dont use JDP in the same way that Jofa dont market their skates as Tacks, I'd buy a CCM helmet but never a fishbowl jofa one in the same way I'd buy Jofa shoulders put wouldnt touch those tacky, weak looking CCM ones with a dirty long pole. Oh, and you guys should hate Jofa even more now that Reebok own them as "RBK" (what the F*** is that about? damn hip hop culture) originated in good old blighty.
In the US (and I'm assuming Canada), CCM merely plants their or RBK's logo on what would have been Jofa gear. I see your point though and agree. There are a lot of "made in Canada beats all" attitudes in hockey.

·
Registered
16 Posts
which ccm shoulders have you got brydon? i have the 692 elbows and shins and they are fine but the shoulders look kind of bitty if you know what i mean? like there's lots of pieces not doing much? i need some new shoulder pads for checking rec level hockey if anybody can recomend some, i play forward and want some that are lightweight and not too big, i.e the opposite of the new easton line. i'm thinking of getting a cut price pair of the old jofa 9400's from a shop here in the UK but think they may be more than i need.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can´t go wrong with Jofa - if their equipment fit you properly. Very light, comfy and durable (I switched from ccm pro tacks line to RBK6). Don´t know about their sticks and skates, but when it comes to these, I´m Sher-wood and (after a little while with ccm) Bauer fan anyway.

are you playing for some uni team in UK? not sure, but I think I saw your nick on buiha forum:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
well at the mo i'm playing inline for southampton b team having started again this year after a five year break, but finding it a tad difficult starting again! i'm hoping to train with the ice team sometime but my ice skating is seriously dire. are you playing in BUIHA?

·
Registered
23 Posts
ryanb said:
well at the mo i'm playing inline for southampton b team having started again this year after a five year break, but finding it a tad difficult starting again! i'm hoping to train with the ice team sometime but my ice skating is seriously dire. are you playing in BUIHA?
No, I´m not. But I hope I will be able to try studying on Edinburgh University and play for Eagles there:) But that´s future still far far away:)

·
Registered
691 Posts
I shouldnt comment on this.. but this has to be the stupidest thread ever..

Very few people have tried out every brand of gear to form an opinion about it.. all you are basing it on is hearsay, what you see the NHL'ers wearing and maybe a few bad experiences here and there...

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
LLoose said:
I shouldnt comment on this.. but this has to be the stupidest thread ever..

Very few people have tried out every brand of gear to form an opinion about it.. all you are basing it on is hearsay, what you see the NHL'ers wearing and maybe a few bad experiences here and there...
dude calm down... he wants to no the brands you have tried and which ones were the best an worst... got it?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've worn alot of different gear and I keep going back to what works. Jofa elbow and shinpads. CCM pants (now that the cooperall is gone) and helmets. Bauer gloves. Bauer (Nike) skates. I think I might try eagle gloves next year, but my old ones are fine so we'll see.:twocentsi

·
Registered
38 Posts
And RBK is owned by Adidas. SO.......
NIKE-Bauer and Adidas(RBK: CCM, Jofa, Koho)
Easton, Mission, "Small Companies"
I choose Adidas-- it would be cool to have 3 stripes on the ice. Tho I have seen Adidas skates in Russia, like 10 years ago.

·
Registered
223 Posts
And RBK is owned by Adidas. SO.......
NIKE-Bauer and Adidas(RBK: CCM, Jofa, Koho)
Easton, Mission, "Small Companies"
I choose Adidas-- it would be cool to have 3 stripes on the ice. Tho I have seen Adidas skates in Russia, like 10 years ago.
If you're saying easton is a small company, you're wrong. Plus they are the leaders in baseball bats and baseball gear, which they've been doing long before they began hockey gear. That's why they make good composite sticks, because they've been making good "composite/aluminum" bats for some time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you're saying easton is a small company, you're wrong. Plus they are the leaders in baseball bats and baseball gear, which they've been doing long before they began hockey gear. That's why they make good composite sticks, because they've been making good "composite/aluminum" bats for some time.
I did not say that, there is a comma. Small ones are Graf, Eagle,MIA, and etc

·
Registered
34 Posts
Skater:
Helmet-Nike Bauer
Protective-Jofa
Pants-Tackla
Gloves-MIA
Skates-Graf/KOR/Bauer(I'm not a fan of the Nike Bauer stuff)
Sticks-Montreal

Goalie:
Mask-Pro Mask
Pads-Smith
C/A-TPS
Pants-Vaughn
Trapper/Blocker-TPS
Stick-Montreal

41 - 60 of 66 Posts