Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Bauer Airs turned into Bauer Vapors.

Also the guy who posted right above me, Cooper is Bauer. Bauer bought Cooper and basically used almost all there designs. Look at any bauer helmet, then look at an old cooper helmet. NOTHING HAS CHANGED besides the name. A bauer 4000 helmet is the same as a Cooper.

·
Registered
275 Posts
So basicly we only have

Easton

Bauer
-Cooper
-Nike

CCM
-Koho
-Jofa

and the rest are pretty notorious on the hockey market

Anyways my favorite is Easton (shafts) Koho(abs stuff) Eagle (awsome gloves)

and i hate

Jofa (i kno its koho/ccm but it just sounds too euro), Nike (i kno its bauer but the way they try to advertise is just queer, except for the Nas/Kova comerical.)

And lastly i totally hate Vic, anything owned by sportcehck is bad, i never did like vic when they were independent anyways.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Depends on the equip, but here's my thoughts on the best:

Wood / Fiberglass sticks - Montreal
Composite sticks - Easton
Shin Guards - Jofa
Skates - CCM

·
Registered
208 Posts
It Depends what you want...I think overall Easton sucks the most ass...and alot of people don't like CCm and they aren't great but their pants are awesome!! SO i'd say the best things go

Skates and Helmet = Bauer
Gloves = Eagles
Shin, Shoulder, Elbow = Jofa
Stick = Easton
CCM = Pants

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
hockey77777 said:
It Depends what you want...I think overall Easton sucks the most ass...and alot of people don't like CCm and they aren't great but their pants are awesome!! SO i'd say the best things go

Skates and Helmet = Bauer
Gloves = Eagles
Shin, Shoulder, Elbow = Jofa
Stick = Easton
CCM = Pants
In that case.......

Skates- Graf or Bauer

Gloves- Eagle

Shin Pads - Nike or Jofa

sticks- Easton

·
Registered
208 Posts
they are...I have a pair of their Bauer Vapor 10

I'll say don't buy the 20..the only differnece between them and the 10's is the they are a tad lighter, 200 more dollars and can be skate baked.

·
Registered
22 Posts
IMO, the two "elite" brands of equipment are Graf and Eagle. When it comes go Graf skates and Eagle gloves, there's nothing that can even compare.

I also like Easton, Bauer, and CCM.

BTW, Bauer and Nike are the same company. CCM, Koho, and Jofa are all under the same ownership. It's called "The Hockey Company."

Jofa must be good stuff because it's what most NHL'ers wear under their jerseys (Sholder pads, elbow pads and shin guards).

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is a goalie talking here so...

Depends on the gear. I think there is a lot of prefence. I think I wear something now from just about every manufacture (major out there).

Helmet - CCM HK2/FM10 from 1992 (I hate goalie masks) although after 11 years, the padding on the inside started falling out. Going to be replaced by an itech hemlet (regular players helmet) tomorrow that fits my head perfectly. Nothing wrong with bauer quality wise, but it doesn't fit my head to my liking.

Skates - CCM

Leg Pads - itech

Catch - Vaughn

blocker - itech

chest - Lousiville (about to be replaced with a franklin 5150 probably)

pants - Nike

throat - itech bib

stick - sherwood

extra knee/shin - easton

extra elbow - tour

Right now itech is becomming my favorite because their stuff is a good balance between quality and price. Its not crap, but its not Koho either. Vaughn makes good stuff, its just expensive. IMHO, Koho is just as good and a few bucks cheaper.

itech does make lousy/heavy sticks. I like the sherwoods myself.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Also a goalie:

Leg pads: Brian's (demon) or Koho 580
Catch: CCM heaton 10
Blocker: CCM heaton 10 or Koho 580
Chest: Vaughn Velocity
Pants: Itech
Helmet: Koho
Skates: CCM 852 Super Tacks
Jock: Eagle

(I'm just a bit spoiled) :oops:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got some bulcky shin pads, I got for a good price, new. The brand is 'DR' ... ever hear of that brand, or should I assume they used somesort of weak foreign plastic knock off, for protection?

21 - 40 of 66 Posts