Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
ever seen a stick brand called canadien?

cheap wood sticks they sell ownly at zellers

btw ccm keeps on claming that they have the best equipment..... for the vector they said it is tested in a "lab" and it out peformed every other 1 peice, sounds pretty bs to me can anyone clarify??

For sure easton is a the best brand.....they make great shafts and gloves(not a big fan of synergies they break too often)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Easton is the best all around. I dont know what the worst would be, i have a variety of companys for my gear. None of them seem to be worse than others.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think both Easton and CCM make great equipment. I do think that the only good stick the CCM has made is the Vector. But CCM makes great skates and gloves. Easton is definately the leader in shafts. I think Franklin is a pretty crappy company. Sher-wood prolly has the best wooden sticks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As far as sticks go, none can outperform the Easton Synergy's, however, the CCM Vector 110 is a much more durable stick than the Synergy. Easton has added some extra kevlar to their 2004 Synergy's to increase durability, which will probably make them even more popular. CCM has a new Vector 120 coming out very soon that is even more durable than the Vector 110 and also lighter. They are using the same blade cunstruction and shaft style, but they are also releasing a "T" version, which will have a shaft shape similar to Easton sticks (less rounded). A lot of it has to do with preference and the level you play at.

Wait until you see Mission's 2004 line of Ice Hockey skates... VERY NICE!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd go with CCM as the best. I don't actually like CCM, but all my gear is Koho and Heaton, and its all owned by the same company.

·
Registered
78 Posts
cup4tml said:
Bauer and Easton are good.
Cooper and Jofa are bad.
Ironic, isn't it? Cooper = Bauer. Bauer = Cooper. Well, that used to be the way it is, Cooper doesn't exist anymore. Best has got to be easton or CCM, worst i'd say Koho.

·
Registered
333 Posts
This all depends on what type of equipment you are talking about.

I love my bauer helmet, but can't stand their skates.

Overall, I like Easton and CCM.

Worst is tougher. Ummmm.....maybe nike. They don't belong in hockey.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just dont like Nike. They really dont belong in hockey. See, Bauer is a real hockey company. Nike on the other hand, buys their way into different sports. I can remember when they first put out their sticks. I believe it was before they bought Bauer. They were the biggest, overpriced, pieces of junk ever. The outer coating of the sticks would peel off. Utter junk. They couldnt make it themselves, so they buy bauer and put their name on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
cup4tml said:
Bauer and Easton are good.
Cooper and Jofa are bad.
Let me break this down.

Cooper is Bauer.
Bauer is Nike.

Jofa, Koho, are CCM

Easton is Easton they are by them selves.

Jofa has to be some of the best equipment out there. For quality and protection. Problem with Jofa is that it does not fit everyone.

Nike introduced an all new line last year which has been selling like crazy. Not becuase its Nike either. Nikes new stuff the V-Quest series just seems to fit everybody and gives them maximum mobilty, while also protecting. The heating thing thou I think is kind of a gemic, but it awsome stuff non the less.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts