Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Whom do you think is the best player to ever exist in the NHL besides Gretzky?

A. Mario Lemieux
B. Gordie Howe
C. Bobby Orr
D. Bobby Clarke
E. Howie Morenz (Never saw him play but I've heard he was a great player.)
F. Stan Mikita
G. Mark Messier
H. Maurice Richard
I. Phil Esposito
J. Bobby Hull
K. Other

·
Registered
59 Posts
cheapquality said:
Hello everyone. Whom do you think is the best player to ever exist in the NHL besides Gretzky?

A. Mario Lemieux
B. Gordie Howe
C. Bobby Orr
D. Bobby Clarke
F. Stan Mikita
G. Mark Messier
H. Maurice Richard
I. Phil Esposito
J. Bobby Hull
K. Other

B. Gordie Howe
because he loved the game and he stayed in it for a while;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bobby Orr was better than Wayne, He Changed the game, he was an innovator. It's tougher to Create something new and he did that. Gretzky was the best at something new. Orr created it!

·
Banned
961 Posts
Bobby Orr

bruzerjeff said:
Bobby Orr was better than Wayne, He Changed the game, he was an innovator. It's tougher to Create something new and he did that. Gretzky was the best at something new. Orr created it!
Good point.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm gonna have to say super Mario, not only do i think he is the best (and my favourite player) but he overcame serious health concerns to continue playing the game

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
bruzerjeff said:
orr was amazing.. he rarely used stick tape.. imagine how slippery that could be.. shows you how great he was with the puck:eek:

·
Registered
156 Posts
cheapquality said:

A. Mario Lemieux
B. Gordie Howe
C. Bobby Orr
D. Bobby Clarke
F. Stan Mikita
G. Mark Messier
H. Maurice Richard
I. Phil Esposito
J. Bobby Hull
K. Other
Depends. In terms of raw talent, Mario Lemieux is the best player ever. Nobody could touch him at his prime. He had excellent speed, a great shot, slick passing skills, and indomitable size. The complete offensive package.

However, Bobby Orr is the most revolutionary player ever. He changed the concept of the game to where it is today. Nobody saw rushes like Orr's and he was a defenseman! He really opened up the rearguard general attack on offense.

I hate Gretzky though. He actually doesn't have all the talent people mistakenly attribute to him. He admitted himself he lacked a lot of talent. I will say he is arguably the best passer ever, and that mentally, he is the king.

A lot of casual fans are all like, "Oh he's so fast and skilled!". I have to resist yelling, "Watch hockey once in awhile!" :p

He's not devoid of talent by a long stretch, but in terms of actual ability, he's not as good as say Jagr or Ovechkin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts