Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Best Arena Today

Well for start i am not a fan of the current arenas of today. the JLA here in detroit stinks and the last game i was at was in 1996 at maple leaf gardens.so i cant really give a answer to this question.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Ottawa Arena

Rick_Nash said:
What do you think are the best Hockey Arenas in the NHL ?
most advanced, biggest, best ice , most expensive.

I like Ottawa's verry big, good seats

Other favorites include G.M Place in Vancouver

[:thumbsup: QUOTE]

Those are nice photos of the arena in ottawa. thanks for posting these photos and sharing them with everyone here.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
961 Posts
Best Nhl Arena

Here are my top favorite arenas

1)olympia stadium
2)boston garden
3)chicago stadium
4)maple leaf gardens
5)montreal forum
6)winnipeg arena
7)quebec colisee
8)the IGLOO in pittsburgh
9)st louis arena THE OLD ONE
10)the spectrum in philadelphia

I never made it to the old madison square garden but i was at the current MSG 4 but did not care for it much.i have seen games in everyone of these top 10 arenas.

·
Registered
229 Posts
sensrule said:
I like the Air Canada Centre in Toronto
:thumbsup: Yup, I'm going to agree. My wife and I have been to several concerts there, parking is nice and close, foods not bad. Not cheap, but there's not much that's better than the Tie Domi burger.:thumbsup:

410 Posts
Rick_Nash said:
What do you think are the best Hockey Arenas in the NHL ?
most advanced, biggest, best ice , most expensive.

I like Ottawa's verry big, good seats

Other favorites include G.M Place in Vancouver

Okay, Nash, stop trying to act so wise. On other forums you weren't even close to this. Your just doing this to try and become a moderator but it will fail. Your copying other people like OLYPIA STADIUM with arena ideas, and you probably know nothing about arenas except the newer ones. Sorry if I am being harsh but it is infuriating me and annoying. You should accept who you are.

410 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Here are my top favorite arenas

1)olympia stadium
2)boston garden
3)chicago stadium
4)maple leaf gardens
5)montreal forum
6)winnipeg arena
7)quebec colisee
8)the IGLOO in pittsburgh
9)st louis arena THE OLD ONE
10)the spectrum in philadelphia

I never made it to the old madison square garden but i was at the current MSG 4 but did not care for it much.i have seen games in everyone of these top 10 arenas.
Wow. Any new ones? The old ones are probably more horrible than the new ones, no offence. The new arenas probably have better food, ice, etc.

410 Posts
Here are my choices:

1. Bell Centre (Holds more people than any other arena in the NHL up to date. 21,000, one more than the United Center. It is twice as better than GM Place. Why? Sky Boxes are awesome, more fans, more places to eat, awesome place. Best arena ever.)
2. United Center (Chicago's arena. Very nice arena, sort of like a mall almost due to how it's laid out, which is fantastic. Hold's 20,000 people, very impressive.)
3. General Motors Place (Awesome place. White Spot, pretty good seats, sky boxes, nice ice, good music. The only thing I hate is those hobos outside of it begging for money.)
4. Corel Centre (Ottawa's arena. Very good ice, about the same thing as GM Place.)
5. Staples Center (You will see why Wrestlemania was put in it. Awesome arena.)
6. Madison Square Garden (The most famous arena I have ever been to. Best service and food.)
7. Leaf Gardens (Classic. I really like where everything was place such as the booths, etc. I also liked the ice.)
8. Air Canada Centre (Pretty decent. Great booths. I went to it in 2000 for a work trip. Very nice and my colleagues enjoyed watching the Maple Laughs win 3-2.)
9. Xcel Energy Center (A great arena. The booths are awesome. I visited it once in 2003 with my now 12 year old son. He loved it. The fans were very interested. I think Minnesota is the state that only truly cares about hockey.)
10. Olympia Stadium (Awesome. An old school throwback. I wish this was still Detroit's arena because Detroit's new arena blows. Also a lot of people visited Olympia Stadium back when the Red Wings were playing, although those late seventy Red Wings were crappy. I think that is why Olympia Stadium doesn't exist anymore. It had bad ice compared to new arenas but was still a fun place to visit.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
i guess i would have to say the ACC because its the only one i have been to.
Hopefully the Devils new arena will be awsome as well as it is gunna be completed for next season.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Arenas

masterofhockeyknowledge said:
Wow. Any new ones? The old ones are probably more horrible than the new ones, no offence. The new arenas probably have better food, ice, etc.
Well everyone has the right to like and dislike what they want to. i am not a fan of the current arenas, that just my opinion.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Here are my choices:

10. Olympia Stadium (Awesome. An old school throwback. I wish this was still Detroit's arena because Detroit's new arena blows. Also a lot of people visited Olympia Stadium back when the Red Wings were playing, although those late seventy Red Wings were crappy. I think that is why Olympia Stadium doesn't exist anymore. It had bad ice compared to new arenas but was still a fun place to visit.)
The olympia had one of the best ice surfaces in the NHL. in going to alot of card shows i have been told that the olympia had the best ice surface in the league.this opinion has been told to me by alot of former players that played there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well i would've said the First Union center in philly was the best, before they changed the name because of "FU" being it's initials. But besides that, I think most of the Arenas are so alike now adays....

·
Registered
19 Posts
well i like Chicago stadium...

It just look so cool all the management and stuff is really good also the seats are comfortable.

·
Registered
269 Posts
NICEGUY said:
Old Maple Leaf gardens, my dad took me there, so for me, its the best of em all... :thumbsup:
I was there once. Very different design. Hardly any seats behind the nets. All the seats on the sides for better viewing. Didn't go all the way up to the back though. I have a model from Danbury mint. Have them all except Montreal Forum. I bugged them for months to make one but they wouldn't.

·
Registered
269 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Well for start i am not a fan of the current arenas of today. the JLA here in detroit stinks and the last game i was at was in 1996 at maple leaf gardens.so i cant really give a answer to this question.
JLA was the first corporate arena. Cram everyone in and maximize profits. Very uncomfortable and crammed during intermission. The united center has double the space to walk around during intermission. The Olympia at least the seats were cushioned and even if you were in the upper deck you were much closer to the action. The Mezzanie was awesome also. The famous partial third deck behing one of the nets. Also what makes me mad at the Joe. No standing room anywhere but they'll still sell standing room only tickets and then constantly shoo you away because you can't stand here. Very stuffy attitude at the Joe. The Olympia seated 14,200 in the 70's and accomodated another 2000 standees.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here are my choices:
The reason why it doesn't exist anymore is because it was in the worst part of Detroit. Me and my buddies on a sunday got mugged after a wings game. We got stuck in the famous we don't plow our roads ice ruts down a side street. Another time went to a Yes concert and all four tires were slashed afterwards. We went there the next day with four tires we scrounged up and thought we were going to die. We changed four tires faster than NASCAR. The police were even scared. It was a great arena that was in a bad spot.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts