Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im from stillwater and i just watched the stillwater/ cretin derham hall game and in my opinion i think that mychal bangs of cretin is one of the top jv players in the state this year

·
Registered
1 Posts
Holy Family Catholic

I recently attended a holy family hockey game against orono. I watched both of the jv and varsity games just to check out the new program. Overall i was impressed with how the JV team played, they have a couple of kids that have real talent both are juniors though. I had a chance to speak to one of them after the game as i went to congradulate him on a great game. His last name is Wilsey and he is a junior at holy family and hes a talented hockey player. I asked him if he had been playing any varsity this year and he said that he hadnt in over a year. This was very suprising to me as he is about 6'0 and about 170 pounds id say. He seemed bummed out on how the season has been going as he told me that he had started the year taking a day off because he was considering not playing this year because he did not make the varsity team. Then he told me that he has gotten into several arguments with the coaching staff over the year. He also told me that he is plus 30 this year and has given up 6 goals all year and has about 5 points as a defensemen. In the game that i watched Wilsey was plus 3 with about 10 take outs, 5 shots on net, an assist, and no penalties. He also told me that he has spent a lot of the year in the penalty box and that it may be why he is not up on varsity this year. But, he also said that he is not really sure and that hes never really gotten an explination. The other JV player that i was suprised with was Scott Porter who had a goal as time expired in the second period. I didnt get a chance to speak with Porter but he has great size, speed, and ability. I also attended the varsity game and it was not what i expected holy family was out played the whole game i was not impressed with there play, which makes me wonder how do you have those two juniors with so much ability playing JV when they are better than some of the defensemen playing varsity, which is rediculous to me. Wilsey and Porter have to be considered into the best JV hockey players in 06 because they are better than their varsity defensemen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts