Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Pacific

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which do you think is the best division in the NHL?

If you don't know the divisions, they're listed right here:

EAST -

Atlantic Division: New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins

Northeast Division: Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs

Southeast Division: Atlanta Thrashers, Carolina Hurricanes, Florida Panthers, Tampa Bay Lighting, Washington Capitals

West -

Central Division: Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings, Nashville Predators, St. Louis Blues

Northwest Division: Calgary Flames, Colorado Avalanche, Edmonton Oilers, Minnesota Wild, Vancouver Canucks

Pacific Division: Anaheim Ducks, Dallas Stars, Los Angeles Kings, Phoenix Coyotes, San Jose Sharks.

IMO, the Northeast division has once again taken the top spot. Last year they slipped a great deal with Toronto and Boston having mediocre seasons, and the Northwest was king of the league.

This time, all 5 teams look like they will be in the hunt for a playoff spot near the end fo the year, and it's been consistently so for the last few years.

Buffalo and Ottawa at the front, Montreal looking solid, and Toronto and Boston seemingly prepared to have at least one of them take a late stab at a spot in the Eastern Conference.

Which division do you think is the best in the league, and why?

Your thoughts...

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I think the Pens may surprise some people seeing how well Fleury is playing (after two games). We all know when that team comes together they're going to be a power in the league (probably not this year though).

The Rangers will do well again, the Devils are always a good team and Philly will be in the playoffs.

I'm going with the Atlantic, partly to bring a different division into the debate but also because other than the Islanders, the teams are good or getting good.

I don't think anyone in the Northeast is that great, maybe Buffalo. The Northwest is pretty tough though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Northwest.

The only weak team in the northwest, should be the av's, but should Theodore play like he can, they'll be highly competitive. Plus, this team is rock solid in net with Budaj as well. There's no way the oilers will be a weak team with the speed and goaltending they have.

In the northeast, I see the leafs being competitive, but I see them in the same light as the avs.
I think the habs will struggle, and so will ottawa until they reach team chemistry.

Should be dead close between the northeast and northwest, though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Northeast by not so far!

Northeast should have awesome competition with Montreal, Ottawa and Buffalo.

Pacific division is also a close call between San Jose, Anaheim Dallas, and maybe even Phoenix.

If you ask me, Northwest is overated:cheeky4: ; Calgary's offense will still suck even with Tanguay and they lost key defensemen. Vancouver will still suck as well even with Luongo. On the other hand, Edmonton is like Buffalo in the East and will go far.

Atlantic division might have a close race between NYR, NJ and Philadelphia, and who knows maybe Pittsburgh will chip in and piss off everyone there!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow no votes for the Pacific but i guess you can say that the Ducks are overrated Pheonix is average Kings are a young team Sharks are the Sharks and Dallas well are good

Northeast has imporved greatly
Ottawa always been a good team for a long time
boston a young team has added Chara and Savard although Savard is a last year of contract player
Buffalo is the fasted team in the NHL
Toronto is strong on th ebackend when they dont have 5 injuries at defense
Montreal is now greater than they have been for a long time

·
Registered
395 Posts
Great Forum I had to join:thumbsup:

As for the best division I would have to say the Northwest: It seems every team in that division can make the playoffs and all but Colorado IMO can make a run at the Cup finals.

I dont think the Northeast as I think if they had to play Western Conference teams the majority of the time they would struggle. I think only Buffalo and possibly Ottawa would be a contender for the cup in the west.

I also think the Atlantic can become the best in the East.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Northwest- A very strong division, I think how Edmonton finished last year and how Vancouver is playing so far in the season the Northwest Division seems more dominant then they did before IMO. Northeast isn't far behind though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts