Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is nothing like a cold beer at the game or at home watching the hockey game on the tv.what is your favorite beer. lets hear from you.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stroh's Beer

For years the most popular beer here in detroit was strohs beer.it was sold at tiger stadium and olympia stadium. the old strohs brewery was located in downtown detroit.stroh's today is no longer brewed in detroit and the old brewery in downtown detroit was torn down in 1986.lets hear from everybody what your favorite beer at the game or at home.

Attachments

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Knickerbocker Beer

If you lived in new york and went to the old madison square garden to watch the new york rangers play one of the beers sold was knickerbocker beer.here is a photo of a old knickerbocker beer can. in the mid 1990s knickerbocker beer was discontinued. it was one of the oldest beers in the united states.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is probably my favorite beer, not molson canadian!!!!!!

Moosehead Beer Mmmmm it's so smooooth and crisp, it taste what beer should taste like, did i mention it's so smoooth and crisp.

you guys should go try it, it is verry good beer for a good price.
I find that if you get them cold to the point where is just about to freeze maby a little bit of ice in the bottle, thats when they taste best, pretty much like any beer.
Dont put it in the fridge put it in the freezer.

This stuff is also pretty good, made by the moosehead company

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Schaefer Beer

Schaefer beer is one of the oldest beers in united states.and is still sold today. for years this beer was a very popular beer in new york.it was sold at both the old and current madison square garden.many people may remmber schaefer beer as a sponsor of the brooklyn dodgers baseball team.

Attachments

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rheingold Beer

Here is another long time american beer. rheingold beer is one of new york cities most popular beers today.many people may remmber rheingold beer as a sponsor of the new york mets.in new york ranger programs back in the days you would find ads for Knickerbocker, Schaefer, Ballantine, and Rheingold beers.rheingold beer stopped production in the mid 1970s but a few years ago started up again. My beer is rheingold the dry beer,(This is rheingolds famous jingle)

Attachments

410 Posts
Smoking while watching hockey? Come on. I usually just get my housekeeper to give me wine, not beer, althought I do very well like beer my wife encourages me not to drink it because shes a doctor.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beer & Hockey

masterofhockeyknowledge said:
Smoking while watching hockey? Come on. I usually just get my housekeeper to give me wine, not beer, althought I do very well like beer my wife encourages me not to drink it because shes a doctor.
Well everyone has the right to drink a beer or not. there is nothing wrong with drinking a beer in moderation.and alot of people love to have a beer and watch the game. i created this thread thinking that i would get alot of responses here.on the baseball board that i belong to this topic was posted there and is a very big hit.again i am trying to attract more fans to our board.and in this thread if anyone wants to talk about beer and hockey you are at the right place.

410 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Well everyone has the right to drink a beer or not. there is nothing wrong with drinking a beer in moderation.and alot of people love to have a beer and watch the game. i created this thread thinking that i would get alot of responses here.on the baseball board that i belong to this topic was posted there and is a very big hit.again i am trying to attract more fans to our board.and in this thread if anyone wants to talk about beer and hockey you are at the right place.
I said nothing bad about beer. Infact I implied it is good but my wife who is a doctor discourages me to drink it, so I drink wine. I however did state that people should not smoke and I hate cigarettes. Cigars on the other hand are good.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I said nothing bad about beer. Infact I implied it is good but my wife who is a doctor discourages me to drink it, so I drink wine. I however did state that people should not smoke and I hate cigarettes. Cigars on the other hand are good.
I was only explaining why i started this thread.like i said i belong to a baseball board and someone posted this same thread over there and its very popular.i will be posting old beer ads in this thread. if anyone has a favorite beer than lets hear from you.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Wow, chill man. Besides there's research saying beer is good for you. And what's wrong with a little herb once in a while? Try driving in Toronto traffic, and then tell me you don't need a beer, and/or some herb?
Oh, and as beers go, I'm going with Labatt ICE, Upper Canada Dark Ale, Rickers Red, or LGD. Those are my main brews.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hockey Forum Guide Lines

Okay everyone.i dont want to see any name calling, no personell attacks.if anyone has a problem with another member here send that person a PM. i want this to be a clean board for everyone including kids.i am trying to get new members over to our new board and dont want people to think that all we do here is argue with each other.lets talk in this thread about beer and hockey. thanks. Donald Moderator.

·
Registered
229 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. this thread is about beer and hockey. stay on the topic please.
MMM BEER. Ok, then I also like to drink Labatt Ice, Maximum Ice, and a few others, sometimes depending on what's on special. But I usually go back to Upper Canada Dark ale.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts