Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Press
Dec 15, 2006, 11:34 PM EST

MISSISSAUGA, Ont. (CP) - Cody Bass, cut earlier in the day from the Team Canada junior squad in Calgary, scored once and added an assist to give the Mississauga IceDogs a 5-3 victory over the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds Friday night in the Ontario Hockey League.

Bass, one of the six players cut Friday morning from the Canadian team that will compete in the World Junior Championships next week in Sweden, scored what proved to be the game-winning goal with less than four minutes remaining in the third period as Mississauga (20-11-0-2) came back from a 3-0 deficit.

"I played with something to prove," said the veteran centre, who joined the IceDogs at the start of the second period after arriving from Calgary. "I know I can play at that level (with the National team). I guess I just wasn't the piece of the puzzle they needed."

Bass also assisted on a goal by Andrew Merrett late in the second period that tied cut the Greyhounds' lead to 3-2. Michael Swift, Chris Lawrence and Alex Pietrangelo with an empty-netter in the dying seconds of the game, were the other Mississauga scorers.

FULL STORY

1 - 1 of 1 Posts