Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://host.madison.com/sports/college/hockey/article_3e372aec-023b-11df-872a-001cc4c002e0.html
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- The question posed to Mike Eaves earlier this week got a bit of a rise out of the University of Wisconsin men's hockey coach.

He was asked if there was a common thread to all the recent struggles the third-ranked Badgers have had with Colorado College. His terse reply all but ignored the fact his club had one win in 10 meetings (1-8-1) dating back to the 2006-07 season.

"They're a changed team," Eaves said of the Tigers. "We're a changed team now."

That point was driven home in a resounding way Friday night when UW pounded out a 4-0 Western Collegiate Hockey Association triumph before an announced crowd of 7,244 at the World Arena.

The Badgers started fast and rode the calm, cool work of junior goaltender Scott Gudmandson to a decision that vaulted them over eighth-ranked CC and into a tie for third place in the WCHA heading into the series finale Saturday night.
:bt On Wisconsin! Its great to see the Badgers getting it together and getting it done against CC. I was at the game in Madison earlier this season when they played CC and the Badgers looked really flat and played pretty poorly.
Ive been really impressed with Gudmanson this year. Ive seen both he and Bennett play and IMO, Gudmanson just has a lot more confidence and is much quicker, much more aware of where the puck is and seems to be able to read the other team's offense a lot better.
I know Bennett has really good stats and is one of the best goalies in the WCHA, but I get nervous whenever I see him at goal.
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that one of the few losses Ive witnesses at the Kohl Center was when the Badgers got their butts handed to them by the Gophers.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully they can repeat it again tonight. They are only 3 points out of the lead in the WCHA standings and could use another 2 points tonight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm hoping not...Notre Dame who are doing awful this year is my favorite team. DU and CC follow Notre Dame up at #2 and #3.

Good luck.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So far CC is up 4-1, so its looking good for you. Could be a tough night for the Badgers. The men are down 2-1 to CC and the ladies are down 4-2 to Minnesota-Duluth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts