Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
So if the oil didn't have bad luck would they have no luck?
All these years as either a mediocre team at best, and a floor mat at worst... Who in their right mind can blame this on bad luck over and over again?

Doing so requires a pretty willful neglect of evidence.

Daryl

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All these years as either a mediocre team at best, and a floor mat at worst... Who in their right mind can blame this on bad luck over and over again?

Doing so requires a pretty willful neglect of evidence.

Daryl
You need to take into context of when this was posted, it was after the rash of injuries to the oils top players, eberle then hopkins then Hall having to have season ending surgery.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
You need to take into context of when this was posted, it was after the rash of injuries to the oils top players, eberle then hopkins then Hall having to have season ending surgery.
You're right: context is good.

Eberle - missed 4 whole games in 2012.
Hall - was done for the season two months after your post.
Hopkins - fair enough, he did miss 20 games, though only 8 when you posted.

---

I'm probably sensitive to it, after so many years of hearing media and fans in Edmonton cry about how the Oilers were held back by any number of things other than their own mismanagement.

And now, with the cap they wanted, with money no longer an issue, we get the yearly whining about injuries. It hurts, but every team has to deal with it.

I'm not trying to take it all out on you, and I'm not trying to say you were laying all of the team's shortcomings on injuries, but after awhile...

Daryl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts