Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Hey look at his size, he could be a top 10 shutdown D? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
I say, with a guy that versatile, play him wherever the team needs him most. I couldn't believe how natural he looked at forward, though, during the playoffs last year.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
I say let the man play D if thats what he wants.
He should play where the coach wants him. With Enstrom, Oduya, Bogosian and Hainsey already top four defensemen, young players like Valabik and Kulda pushing for full time spots, and veteran bottom pairing guys like Sopel and Meyer, and I think that there's more room up front for Byfuglien than on the backend.

Hey look at his size, he could be a top 10 shutdown D? ;)
No.

I say, with a guy that versatile, play him wherever the team needs him most. I couldn't believe how natural he looked at forward, though, during the playoffs last year.
I'd hope he looked natural in the playoffs. It was his fourth year playing as a forward. It wasn't like he just changed at the start of the playoffs.

As an aside, why was this posted in the Blackhawks forum? Byfuglien hasn't been a member of this team since June. What's next? A Cam Barker thread?

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
He'll do good on the blueline but I think he'll be able to do more damage up front with his big body and skill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts