2. * Anaheim 73 98
3. * Vancouver 73 94
4. Detroit 72 99
5. San Jose 73 92
6. Dallas 72 91
7. Minnesota 73 91
8. Calgary 72 84
9. Colorado 72 80

The Flames host the Red Wings tonight, they Avs visit the Oilers tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
5. Minnesota 74 93
6. San Jose 73 92
7. Dallas 72 91
8. Calgary 73 86
9. Colorado 72 80

Of course the Avs play in Edmonton tonight and the Flames don't play until tomorrow Nashville after beating Detroit last night.

Avs are now six points out of a playoffs spot.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6. Dallas 73 93
7. Minnesota 74 93
8. Calgary 73 86
9. Colorado 73 82

The Preds roll into Calgary tonight. Should be a tough game for the Flames.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8. Calgary 75 90
9. Colorado 75 85

Calgary takes their horrible road record (10-18-8) into Minnesota. And of course the Avs take on the Canucks at home.

·
Registered
90 Posts
shookem said:
Calgary takes their horrible road record (10-18-8) into Minnesota. And of course the Avs take on the Canucks at home.
That is the one sign of hope for the Avs. Minnesota definitely has something to play for.

It's feasible that the Avs could gain 4 points in two games. But, the Avs are playing two teams that have recently given them some problems. Colorado twice had to come back from a two goal deficit against the Canucks, and had to win it in a shootout. The Coyotes threatened to steal the last game by tieing it up in the 2nd; luckily the Avs were able to score three goals in the 3rd to win it.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that sucked.

Is it over? Seven points is a lot to make up at this point of the season.

8. Calgary 76 92
9. Colorado 76 85

·
Registered
90 Posts
shookem said:
Well that sucked.

Is it over? Seven points is a lot to make up at this point of the season.
I'm starting to think so.

If Colorado wins and Calgary loses Thursday it's back to 5, which is still realistic. The two games against Calgary, gives Colorado control of 4 points of that. Calgary does have the easier schedule, after tonight's game. If Colorado loses tonight, or Calgary wins, it's time to move on to the backup plan... Become a Stars Fan. :)

I'm getting tired of the roller coaster ride, though. The play-offs probably wouldn't be this bad.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
I'd say it is over...I am only being realistic. I doubt Avs can pull out the full 4 points vs. Flames in those 2 games. I mean Flames are in the playoffs now and are on a winning streak, while Avs got shutout. Had this not happened, it would have gone otherwise. However tonight Flames can practically clinch with either a Flames win or Avs loss. So I guess the guarantee will be stamped by 10:45 EST tonight.

It's just it would have to be something very odd for a team to make up 7 points in 6 games.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, it's come down to one game for each team. The final game, assuming it determines 8th place, will be tough for either team. The Avs have been facing elimination for awhile now, they should be used to it.

On the surface, the game against the Oilers looks like an easy victory for Calgary. But, the Oilers have to be looking to almost knock Calgary out of the playoffs. This would be a big victory for the Oilers, considering the rivalry.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Well I think Flames have a higher chance of winning and Avs will win their game tomoro. But it will be disappointing for the Avs to take a Leafs type elimination like last year, where they win their game, and then hudle around the TV and watch the Flames win.

·
Registered
90 Posts
cdoty said:
On the surface, the game against the Oilers looks like an easy victory for Calgary. But, the Oilers have to be looking to almost knock Calgary out of the playoffs. This would be a big victory for the Oilers, considering the rivalry.
I got a part of it right! If only the Avs could've won!

I think the fact that the impossible happened, and the Avs could've had a chance, makes this very tough to take. If Edmonton would've lost, it wouldn't have matter at all..

The Avs eliminated themselves.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
cdoty said:
I got a part of it right! If only the Avs could've won!

I think the fact that the impossible happened, and the Avs could've had a chance, makes this very tough to take. If Edmonton would've lost, it wouldn't have matter at all..

The Avs eliminated themselves.
I think that once the Flames heard that the Avs lost and they clinched a playoff spot, they let up on their play.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts