Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Roy turns down offer to coach Avalanche

Patrick Roy has turned down an offer to become the head coach of the Colorado Avalanche.

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
I'm surprised {shocked} by this.

I wonder how Granato now feels knowing his job was offered to someone else.

A lot of unanswered questions in Colorado in regards to coaching as you have to wonder if they'll continue to search for a new coach or settle on Tony.

Does Tony now even want to be there knowing he isn't the av's first choice.?

It's turning into quite the mess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think firing Granoto was the right move. If he didn't get the job done in his first stint, why give him another shot in the first place? But now that the coaches are set, the new GM is in, i think getting Gustavsson from Sweden is priority number 1, and drafting Hedstrom is #2.

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
I think firing Granoto was the right move. If he didn't get the job done in his first stint, why give him another shot in the first place? But now that the coaches are set, the new GM is in, i think getting Gustavsson from Sweden is priority number 1, and drafting Hedstrom is #2.
I seriously doubt the Avs get Hedmen, though they could use a great defensive pivot, he will be gobbled up by either the Islanders or Tampa, those analysis who say Tampa would take Deuschane over Hedmen are just doing that to seem different, but if you read the scouting reports or do them yourself by watching the two players in action there is not question that Taveres and Hedmen are the cream of the crop, after them the talent pool levels off quickly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hedman, yeah. my apologies on the name mess up. but i agree with you on that, but i'm just holding onto hope that he will still be there at 3. i guess we'll see, won't we?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys .... If we don't get Hedman... you guys are gonna love and i mean just love Matt Duchene.... I believe this guy is going to have better nubers then Tavaras... I live in Ontario, Canada and have seen him play, and he is unbelievable... he's good, the Toronto Make Me Laughs only wish..... Either way we are gonna get a Great Player, Believe me....
P.s..... youtube Matt Duchene and see for yourself:bt

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sakic announces retirement

After 20 NHL seasons, Colorado Avalanche captain Joe Sakic is hanging up his skates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts