·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frustrated Aubin sits, waits
Dec. 7, 2006. 01:00 AM
KEVIN MCGRAN
SPORTS REPORTER

J.S. Aubin keeps his head down, avoids controversy and waits.

The Leafs are in the worst slump of the season and some fans may be wondering why head coach Paul Maurice hasn't inserted the backup, even for one game.

Instead Maurice heaps praise on starter Andrew Raycroft, despite the netminder's tendency to allow one weak goal a game.

"Every goaltender in the league has off nights," said Maurice. "I think he has been very good to exceptional this year and I think we've been average in front of him defensively."

Some believe there's a rift between Maurice and Aubin, perhaps going back to some acknowledged yelling matches the two had last year with the Marlies.

Whatever the case, Aubin hasn't played in three weeks and he finds that frustrating.

FULL STORY

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
I hope he plays tonights, I got 5 bucks on the bruins to win if he plays. If he doesnt the bets off.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I hate the media's attempts to do anything to sir up controversy:

"despite the netminder's tendency to allow one weak goal a game."

At least 1 weak goal a game? Yeah, he's let some in here and there, but that has been far from the problem for Toronto. For the most part he has been superb for the Leafs.

It's time to stop looking at the scoreboard and actually start watching the games.

As for Aubin: For now, he's a back-up goalie, and nothing but. He'll likely be getting the start tonight though.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
So, he wants to play, eh?

Aubin stunned by late collapse

Aubin stunned by late collapse

By LANCE HORNBY -- Toronto Sun

BOSTON -- Jean-Sebastien Aubin knew he was about 10 minutes away from a brighter employment picture.

But the Leafs' backup goaltender caught the same third-period malaise that has dogged Andrew Raycroft. Aubin gave up three late goals last night, after it seemed he'd come up with the same magic that endeared him to the club last spring.

It's likely coach Paul Maurice returns to Raycroft tomorrow in Detroit to prevent the club's skid from reaching seven games.
CANOE -- SLAM! Sports - Hockey NHL - Toronto - Aubin stunned by late collapse

LOL! :laugh:

I know they lost, but the story is kind of funny. I guess Aubin is also going to start watching the games more often. What's he been doing on the bench the last few weeks?

Isn't it obvious by now that it's not goaltending that's the problem right now? I don't know how Andrew Raycroft is going to play later on in the year, but right now he's been playing well. It's the team in front of him, mainly the defencemen, that are collapsing, not him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts