Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
As many of you are aware Veritcalscope acquired Hockeyforums.com back in November of last year. After a lot of thought and discussion it has been decided to merge the forums. What the merge means is all of the information on this forum will be merged with hockeyforums.com We will be keeping all of our forums and all of the information on this forum. Members will be keeping there post counts; usernames etc etc. nothing will change in those respects. All of the staff on both forums will be keeping their current rolls and will be running the forums as usual. Some of the staff have already come over to the mod section of hockeyforum.com to introduce themselves. And I went over myself to give a little intro. They have a good team over that are very experienced and we (the staff) are really looking forward to joining forces with them to build the best damn hockey forum on the internet!
There will be a bit of shuffling and renaming of the forums however we will not be eliminating any of the existing ones here. You will see some new forums pop up to accommodate hockeyforums.com’s forum structure.
By merging with hockeyforums.com this opens the door to many opportunities for growth.
VS has been working on enhancements to this forum as well, however some things where on hold so that they did not neglect one forum for the other until now… the decision to merge.
Some of the features that will be added are:
1. Sports ticker. This as most of you know is a system that automatically provides information on game schedules, game scores, and Hockey news. The ticker is automatically updated every 5 minutes so that scores and news are up to date. The front page has a full listing while each team section (i.e. Toronto maple leafs) will only display Toronto related news and scores.
2. Team skins. These are already designed and will be updated sometime after the merger is complete
To give you an idea of what the plans are for layout check out some of the ones we have done on basketball
http://www.basketballforum.com/chicago-bulls/
http://www.basketballforum.com/los-angeles-lakers/
http://www.basketballforum.com/portland-trail-blazers/

And here is one of the designs for Hockey. Although just the banner is done, the forum colors will reflect those of the team’s colors.

The merger will take place in the coming weeks so in the meantime please join me in welcoming the members of hockeyforums.com as we join together as a team.

If you have questions or comments feel free to post them here.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
We'll have a terrific forum with so many members, and so many people around who are active to post.

Way bigger GDTs, much more traffic, more features, plus having more members and a bigger forum, will get MORE members even.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Its in the announcements too.

I hope this is done ASAP. Can't wait for all the new members/posts.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
yeah but you can't reply to the announcement. I'm looking forward to having even more active members around the forums and when people browse the forums and see that there are loads of active users they will probably join themselves :D

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Once the season starts, ill be posting far more. im usually invisible in the offseason unless some trades or drafts are going on:)

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
J0e Th0rnton said:
Once the season starts, ill be posting far more. im usually invisible in the offseason unless some trades or drafts are going on:)
to access your other account you might have to sign in as imported_JOe_ThOrnton

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
J0e Th0rnton said:

Glad to hear it, I thought you might have dissappeared on us.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts