Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This chart is a list of players signed to NHL contracts for the 2006-2007 season by the team. It does not include players signed to 2-way deals (contracts with AHL implications). The salary listed in the chart is the actual amount the player will be paid this season (source: NHLPA.com). Salary cap figures are usually slightly different depending on the length and structure of the contract, details which are usually not disclosed, and cannot therefore not be reported accurately. Though exact salary cap figures are not available on a player-by-player basis, this chart should give you a good idea of the team's cap situation.

Marian Hossa - $6 million

Ilya Kovalchuk - $5 million

Bobby Holik - $4.25 million

Niclas Havelid - $2.5 million

Slava Kozlov - $2.014 million

Greg de Vries - $2.052 million

Andy Sutton - $2 million

Steve Rucchin - $1.85 million [Signed a two-year contract for $4.25 million]

Vitaly Vishnevski - $1.55 million [Awarded a one-year deal, acquired from Ducks]

Scott Mellanby - $1 million

Jim Slater - $900,600

Johan Hedberg - $850,000 [Signed two-year deal]

Niko Kapanen - $800,000 [Signed two-year contract for $1.7 million]

Steve McCarthy - $775,000

Braydon Coburn - $746,100

Garnett Exelby - $684,000

Jon Sim - $610,000

Shane Hnidy - $600,000

J.P. Vigier - $515,000

Glen Metropolit - $500,000 [Returns from Europe on a one-year deal]

Eric Boulton - $500,000

Brad Larsen - $485,000

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rids said:
Do you know what Kyle Wanvig signed for?
No sorry, terms of the deal were not disclosed as of yet. As soon as it is public knowledge, I will update the thread.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
The Thrashers could suddenly become my second favorite team if this keeps up. I played baseball with Kyle growing up and Braydon Coburn is from the town I'm living in now. If only they still had Dany Heatley who I watched in Jr. A with the Calgary Canucks.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rids said:
The Thrashers could suddenly become my second favorite team if this keeps up. I played baseball with Kyle growing up and Braydon Coburn is from the town I'm living in now. If only they still had Dany Heatley who I watched in Jr. A with the Calgary Canucks.
It must be something to see them move on like they have?

Do you keep in touch with Kyle?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
No it's been a while since I've talked to Kyle. My cousin knew him while he played junior in Cranbrook for the Ice. I nearly bought a customized Aeros jersey with Wanvig on the back. Guess I'll have to search for his dad when the Thrashers come around.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Braydon went out and bought his mom a 5th wheel for camping this summer. Very nice to see him back home helping around the community. Could've used him during the Hockeyville campaign.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Rids said:
Braydon went out and bought his mom a 5th wheel for camping this summer. Very nice to see him back home helping around the community. Could've used him during the Hockeyville campaign.
Wholly Cow!!! That was awfully nice of him!! :D

Send him my name, I could use a new computer!!! :laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts