Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody paying attention to Anze Kopitar? Sure wasn't a lot of hype going into the season for this guy...hell O'Sullivan had a lot higher expectations. This Kopitar is looking like the go-to-guy for the Kings in the last few games. 3 point night the other nite in pre-season....2 goals tonight against the ducks...more poweplay time than anyone else....

anybody think he's the real deal or just some beginner's luck?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I think it is probably a little of both. Remember, this guy was rated really high in the draft but only fell that far because he was perceived as lazy and had a bad attitude. If he wants to he can really play. Perhaps Malkin will have a run for his money in Calder voting this year.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes another 3 point night, all assists...I know it's early but this guy is looking like he is the real deal so far...Malkin better hurry back if he wants to win the Calder

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think that like his teammate Svatos, Wolski will be the darkhorse in the running for the Calder. I'm hoping that i'm wrong though because I have him on my fantasy team.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
This kid is awesome, like PavelBure said in the Canucks forum, the Canucks should've drafted this guy over Bourdon. He's got great skill and great vision, he'll be a good player for many years.
Two games?

Lets wait for a whole season, before making such comments ;)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Don't be so sure about that. I was watching him in the 2005 world juniors when he was playing for Slovenia and man did he look good. He scored 10 goals in 5 games. He was a man playing with boys.
If you play for Slovenia and you score 10 goals in 5 games in my mind your an excellent player... They have basically nobody and for someone on their team to get 10 goals is almost unherd of

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
This kid is awesome, like PavelBure said in the Canucks forum, the Canucks should've drafted this guy over Bourdon. He's got great skill and great vision, he'll be a good player for many years.
I said it on here before that the Canucks should have drafted Kopitar and they will find out soon enough the mistake that they made.From what I've seen of Kopitar this season he's been fantastic.

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts