Hockey Fan Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:laugh:

I got them when I was about 10 years old. (26 years ago)
I think they were made of....lead?? :laugh:

Then I got CCM tacks (Vacu-Tacks) when I was about 22. (14 years ago)

Last year I got the Bauer Supreme 70s. They are so light. What a difference. I highly recommend them!!

· Registered
37 Posts
Hey mate, are you talking about the old ski-boot style microns with the inline skate style ankle clips! Hell i remember some guys that used to rock those at my old rink hahaha! Funny that people that dissed them are probably pimping the latest biomech style semi plastic skates now!

On the topic though, i gotta say i bought two pairs of new in box microns recently. Cant believe they stopped making these!

I bought a pair of Mega Air 90's
- awesome air cushioned heat mouldable inners, sooo comfy
- instep power clip for off the mark performance
- black tuuk blade holders

and recently took delivery of my new in box 10-90's!
These were only available from 92-93 and were rare to find in stores. at one stage 70% of NHL stars wore these including Jagr, Gretzky, Bure and Bourque! Most of the time they were only available to the pros but some places have old stock if you look hard enough

- ultra soft leather inner
- gel-form footbed "microthodic"
- Form-fit tounge
- Ultra rare ICM blade holders

Damn i love these skates!! Bring back the micron mega!!

· Registered
42 Posts
Hey mate, are you talking about the old ski-boot style microns with the inline skate style ankle clips! Hell i remember some guys that used to rock those at my old rink hahaha! Funny that people that dissed them are probably pimping the latest biomech style semi plastic skates now!

There is a guy in my dad's over 30 league (lol he's almost 60 now) that still wears those. Dude actually was an IHL goalie for a number of years. I sub in that league every once in a while and I happened to notice him wearing them the other day.

There are a couple guys in that league still wearing 10-90s. Some ex IHL, AHL, CCHA players and such. Guess they just can't let go of the past lol.

· Registered
5 Posts
I bought my Microns at Canadian Tire when I went to visit my cousin in high school about 25 years ago. I just got rid of my Microns last year when I started playing in a league with real gear. I always thought they were great! My Easton's now are way better.

· Registered
6 Posts
Whatever happened to Micron? Did they get bought out, fold or were they a subdivision of another company and just got discontinued?

If I can recall, Micron was bought/take over out by Canstar (Bauer/Cooper etc) in the mid 90's. For a few years there Bauer offered an Air90/70/50/30 line of skates that were pretty much the same as the Micron Air 90, with the same exterior reinforcement around the ankle as the Microns, but the Bauers were black with the gray ankle thing unlike the Microns white ankle thing(think Pavel Bure '93-94ish). The bauers did not have the power thing on the inner toe though. So basically Micron ended up Nike in a round about way....damn swoosh lol

· Registered
2 Posts
FIRST EDITION MICRONS???? I just dug my microns out of garage I swear I have the first edition it has the icm blade it has the first three tie holes then you hook the string around the top four hooks and the boot swivels it says patent pending on the bottom I was the first to have these in any league around my town kids kinda laughed at them this was over 40 years ago at the Boston garden pro shop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts