Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sports Network) - Martin Brodeur can mark another one off his checklist.

The future Hall of Famer stopped 38 shots on the night to anchor a 2-1 victory over host Pittsburgh at Mellon Arena. In the process he notched his 450th career win in an NHL crease, making him only the third backstop to achieve the feat.

Brodeur joined Florida's Ed Belfour (457) and Patrick Roy (551) as the only netminders to reach the plateau. Brodeur was the youngest of the trio when he hit the mark.

Brodeur has another milestone in sight, as he is one shutout shy of tying Jacques Plante for fourth on the all-time list with 82.

Jay Pandolfo and Jamie Langenbrunner each scored for the Devils on Wednesday, as the Devils won for the third time in their last four games.

Brodeur has started all six games for the Devils so far, posting a 2.64 goals- against average and .913 save percentage.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Good for Marty. He'll overtake Belfour this year and should put himself into a good position break Roy's record two years from now.

I love being able to say that I've seen all three of these goaltenders play quite a bit while I've been watching hockey.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats to Mr. Brodeur. He has had an amazing career, and he is still pretty young. He will break Patrick Roy's record for both wins and games played. Keep it up Marty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts