1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another blow for Leafs

Toronto hammered by Ottawa for second time in as many nights
By MIKE ZEISBERGER -- Toronto Sun

OTTAWA -- As they lined across from each other for the opening faceoff last night, Chris Neil got into Darcy Tucker's face and suggested they drop the gloves.

Tucker declined.

Of course, he wasn't alone.

On this night, there was no fight in any of the Maple Leafs.

"It doesn't make sense for me to fight a 220-pound guy," Tucker said after the Leafs' humiliating 7-2 loss to the rival Ottawa Senators last night at Scotiabank Place. "It just doesn't make sense. I'm going to get walloped and everyone will get a cheer out of it."

Still seething over Tucker's pummelling of Sens' mild-mannered forward Patrick Eaves in Ottawa's 6-2 win at the Air Canada Centre on Tuesday, Senators' fans were just as happy watching their heroes beat up the Leafs on the scoreboard last night.

"Any time you lose two games the way we did it's a concern," said captain Mats Sundin said, whose team was outscored 13-4 in back-to-back losses in the Battle of Ontario. "We recognize that.We have a lot of work to do.

"There is no doubt in my mind we have the talent to be a playoff team."

Talent, perhaps.But there is no way these Leafs have any chance to make the postseason if they give up so many quality scoring chances, especially against such a skilled team as the Sens.

Full Story

Shakes head. Honestly, that's disgraceful. I was honestly beginning to think that things were going to change, but suddenly it looks like they won't. Where are the true Toronto Maple Leafs?

Mats Sundin said:
"Any time you lose two games the way we did it's a concern. We recognize that. We have a lot of work to do.

"There is no doubt in my mind we have the talent to be a playoff team."
Recognizing it won't mean much until they finally start to do something about it.

Talent, perhaps. But there is no way these Leafs have any chance to make the postseason if they give up so many quality scoring chances, especially against such a skilled team as the Sens.
Someone had to tell that to some of the defencemen. Someday, the have to understand this. Is it going to be that way again in 2006-2007? Only they have the power to change that.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts