Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you all thought of the new youngins we acquired. Here are links to their info from a site that tracks the kids. From all of them I'm thinking the kid Balej from Montreal could be the best of the bunch. Lemme know what you think. Sorry the site didn' t have anything on the goalie Stephen Valiquette. Don't know much about him except that he used to be in the Icelanders organization. Lemme know what you all think.

D Maxim Kondratiev
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=2234

C Jarkko Immonen
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=819

C Dwight Helminen
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=3150

G Stephen Valiquette

RW Josef Balej
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=1054

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
according to that Larry Brooks audio link you posted... (nice informative stuff by the way). It sounds like Kondratiev is going to be a center piece of the new generation NYR defense along with Tyutin. A lot of Leaf fans badmouth Kondratiev because he left their system (as a junior I think) to go back to Russia. But time will tell if he pans out.

Honestly I don't know much about the other guys just yet.

·
Super Moderator
8,126 Posts
I was fortunate enough to watch 4-5 Hamilton Bulldogs games on TV, and Josef Balej is for real! He's only 22 and was leading the Bulldogs in scoring. Had a short 4 games stint with the Habs and didn't look too bad at all. Realistically, he's still a year or two from making any kind of impact in the NHL though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Matt said:
according to that Larry Brooks audio link you posted... (nice informative stuff by the way). It sounds like Kondratiev is going to be a center piece of the new generation NYR defense along with Tyutin. A lot of Leaf fans badmouth Kondratiev because he left their system (as a junior I think) to go back to Russia. But time will tell if he pans out.

Honestly I don't know much about the other guys just yet.
Yeah it sounds like Kondratiev/Tyutin combo should be around for a while. Heh Leaf fans badmouth just about everyone not in a Leaf uniform. Heh "He'd look good in a Leaf uniform, when he's not in one he sucks, but in one he is OH MY GOD!!" heh :) Benigno always has good guests on his show. It's on too late for me to hear so I'm always catching the "highlights" the next morning.

JL said:
I was fortunate enough to watch 4-5 Hamilton Bulldogs games on TV, and Josef Balej is for real! He's only 22 and was leading the Bulldogs in scoring. Had a short 4 games stint with the Habs and didn't look too bad at all. Realistically, he's still a year or two from making any kind of impact in the NHL though
I'm thinking he is going to be a prize. I haven't seen him play except on the highlight clips they show of him but his stats look impressive. Is he a physical kind of guy or a flashy guy? They didn't show us much on the clips.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Kondratiev will be a top 4 dman which will definitely help the Rangers down the line. Bajei(sp?) should be a top 6 foward. So those two prospects should be solid players down he road. Immonen is small, but he might have a chance to become a second line winger if he can overcome his size.

I think Kondratiev is the best prospect you guys had. Oh and I don't think Kondratiev quit on the Leafs farm team, I think the Leafs had a deal with his Russian club that if he wasn't gonna stay on the team for the whole season he'd be sent back to Russia.

·
Registered
244 Posts
ScumWithANoose said:
Yeah it sounds like Kondratiev/Tyutin combo should be around for a while. Heh Leaf fans badmouth just about everyone not in a Leaf uniform. Heh "He'd look good in a Leaf uniform, when he's not in one he sucks, but in one he is OH MY GOD!!" heh :) Benigno always has good guests on his show. It's on too late for me to hear so I'm always catching the "highlights" the next morning.
Speaking of the FAN did you hear the interview Steve Sommers had with ted Nolan last night? They were discussing the fact of him getting blackballed and Steve even asked Nolan what he'd do if he got a chance to run the Rag$ and with all the young talent. I think it'd be a good move for the Rag$, but I kinda doubt Sather will go out and get him.

Here's the link: http://wfan.com/somers/
Then click on "Mar. 4 Steve Somers - Ted Nolan spills the beans on his absence from the game and possibilities with the Rangers next year"

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Josef Balej and Maxim Kondratiev.

Though Kondratiev gets a bad rap in TO for "leaving the team", I still think he'll turn out to be a successful d-man in New York.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They mentioned today during the Rangers game that Tyutin is VERY happy about them getting Kondratiev. Should be fun very soon if it all pans out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts