Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the season starts well for the Pens, hanging on to a shootout victory over Vancouver last night. Pretty entertaining game to watch, with some great(and also shaky) goaltending by both teams. Oh, and because it will never happen again:

Matt Cooke leading the league.
Just had to do it.

Two power play goals for the Pens in the first game???? Holy ****, hope they're not shut out for the rest of October.

Good to see that Sid is traveling with the team. A friend back in the 'burgh says the latest rumor is Nov 1. But who knows.

·
Registered
843 Posts
HI, GUYS! :D
I'm pretty happy the season started and if this rumor about Sid is true I'd sure be much more happier!

The Pens looked confident and strong in their first game. They sure deserved to win that night.
But hey... two goals from Cooke!!! That's fantastic, don't you think? :bt

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goals from your grinders are always good. Getting the shorty really was a momentem swing.

Malking was a little frustrated the other night. He's trying to do too much. There's enough talent for him to not dangle and drag all the time. Get it deep in those cases.

I liked the way the role players played. Vitale, Cooke, Adams, Asham. THey all played well. Was REALLY happy with Vitale, he played his heart out.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Was an interesting one. Malkin jumbled the puck up too much,and lost his edge quite abit. Cooke was a monster,both goals were pretty sick!

·
Registered
843 Posts
The 2nd game was even better than the 1st. Four PPG in two games - that's a pretty good start of the season!

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SUch a difference in the PP so far this season. Its good having Sullivan bring up the puck instead of Letang. The setup in the zone and quickness to shoot the puck is very refresing also.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Great come-from-behind for the Pens last night! Everybody did a fantastic job!
One more game and the Pens will finally have some rest. Well deserved I'd say!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts