Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember in the beginning of the season we were watching hockey at a buddies house and i commenting on how Ovechkin seemed to float on the ice and could move while Crosby looked awkward. I was a believer that Alex would be the victor in points, and overall better player.

Well, what, 1.5 months ago he surpassed Crosby.... wicked! :D

What do you guys think, Alex got staying power? Next Yagr? Next Gretzky?

The guy is an awesome hockey player!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Skill right now Ovechkin has Crpsby beat hands down,but give Syd the kid a couple of years and a good linemate(Malkin) and hes gonna be the one to beat. Crosbys biggest problem right now is that they put the "A" on his shoulder and no one wants to take him down a knotch. Hes getting chippy and lippy on the ice.

But Ovechkin doing what hes doing while hes playing on the Caps is something else man......their both gonna be phenoms, they will be the next Mario vs Wayne arguement....its just a matter of time whos gonna play which role.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Crosby vs Ovechkin

:cool: Guys ya know wut i think ovechkin did deserve the legendary calder but ya know wut he betta watch out for the kid. U gotta think alexander played in a hell of alot better league then crosby did (no offence to QMJHL fans) ovechkin is also more mature from playiny in the russian elite league. if u ask me the elite league is keepin russian hockey rolin without this great league they would not be producing the young gold they r now.:dunno: :dunno: :D

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
TURK_BRODA said:
:cool: Guys ya know wut i think ovechkin did deserve the legendary calder but ya know wut he betta watch out for the kid. U gotta think alexander played in a hell of alot better league then crosby did (no offence to QMJHL fans) ovechkin is also more mature from playiny in the russian elite league. if u ask me the elite league is keepin russian hockey rolin without this great league they would not be producing the young gold they r now.:dunno: :D
aboard TURK_BRODA!!

You know what, time will tell on both of these guys. With all the hype that surrounds them, you will probably see them BOTH sit out on contract talks, because their heads will be so swollen that they think they should get $20M a year!!! And the same will probably happen to Malkin, and he hasn't even signed an NHL contract yet!!!

I really wish people would let these ROOKIES (that's what they are, ROOKIES), play for a couple of years, before they put labels on them!!!!

We're going to have a bunch of Yashin's running around!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
wut i think is that crosby would have been better if he didnt have a bunch of lazy asss burn outs on his team lik egonchar that was sum of the worst display of defence ive seen in a long time now theyve bgot some pretty heavy names cummin (MALONE,OULLET,STALL,MALKIN,etc into the club wait and see bout the pens. One thing that burns me is how they dont give the young budding goalie fleury a god dam chance. they nvr have faith in him hes lucky if hes on the dam bench not to metion wilkes pens

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I think Crosby will be much better when it comes to offence, especially with his superior playmaking skills. But Ovechkin will always have much more of a complete game, being the Power Forward he is and all.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I like Carlo too, and already have an avy of him on the way (I change them every few weeks to a month). ;) I'm hoping he gets a full time job this year. He just about had one last season until... that "thing" happened. :(

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
He tried to hit Varada, abut instead he ended up taking himself out for the rest of the year. His head hit the boards and he got a concussion.

Just to stay on topic: That Ovechkin guy is great, isn't he?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts