Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was just announced at the NHL draft that Alex Tanguay was traded from the Colorado Avalanch to the Calgary Flames for Jordan Leopold!! I think this was an excellent trade for Calgary!!:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Actually, I think Colorado just gave away Tanguay! He's a great player, that will certainly help the Flames. I'm surprised that the Av's would trade a player of this quality to a rival within their own division. The Av's loss, is the Flames gain. A great pickup by Sutter.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Remember, Tanguay did play Center in the minors before getting paired up with Sakic. The Flames have 20 players signed with about 5 mill in cap space.

Any thoughts about signing Elias?

Elias-Tanguay-Iginla :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
RedMile said:
Remember, Tanguay did play Center in the minors before getting paired up with Sakic. The Flames have 20 players signed with about 5 mill in cap space.

Any thoughts about signing Elias?

Elias-Tanguay-Iginla :eek:
IF they signed elias I'd sacrifice my left nut to a non profit organization

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
1_Fleury_4 said:
IF they signed elias I'd sacrifice my left nut to a non profit organization
If this does happen, we want pictures to prove that you actually did it!! :laugh:

Be warned, we'll be watching!! :D
I'll even play the
for you!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
panoo2004 said:
If this does happen, we want pictures to prove that you actually did it!! :laugh:

Be warned, we'll be watching!! :D
I'll even play the
for you!!
Um.. I lost my camera? :p

It's possible if Sutter could loose Ference and some prospects for the signing rights, all for the awsomest first line in the league
I would never trade Andrew Ference.. if you look closely you'll notice he's probably the hardest working flame out there day in and day out. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him.

My roomate actually grew up with Chuck Kobasew in BC and we got to visit his house in Calgary which was pretty cool. He actually said Ference is the hardest working defensemen he's seen.

But on another note having Elias would be amazing.. I can just see it now Iginla/Elias/Tanguay.. ah god.. I gotta change my pants now.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Iggy must be doing cartwheels. LOL!

Did anyone read the story about how he'll be god for the team and all that skipping around the question of how it would be to play on a line with him? Haha! Comon' Iggy, we all know Tanguay's going straight to the top line to feed you the puck. :)

This is a great move by Calgary. They lost Leopold, but the UFA market is deep this year, so they can make up for it. I guess the offecivie output but Hamrlik and Phaneuf made him expendable for now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
To be honest I can actually see the Flames signing Guerin.. sit back and watch.. they're looking for more offense.. and guerins not gonna cost as much as elias.. i rather have elias but lets see what happens.. guerin was bought out by dallas earlier today

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
1_Fleury_4 said:
To be honest I can actually see the Flames signing Guerin.. sit back and watch.. they're looking for more offense.. and guerins not gonna cost as much as elias.. i rather have elias but lets see what happens.. guerin was bought out by dallas earlier today
I definitely dont see that happening. What the Flames need right now is a center to play on one of the top 2 lines (hopefully top, but langkow will do if not). Guerin wouldnt really help the team as much as, perhaps Roenick. And Roenick already said he wants to play for a Canadian team, so...

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
gagne22 said:
I definitely dont see that happening. What the Flames need right now is a center to play on one of the top 2 lines (hopefully top, but langkow will do if not). Guerin wouldnt really help the team as much as, perhaps Roenick. And Roenick already said he wants to play for a Canadian team, so...
Roenick's just pissed because he didn't get to play for team USA, that might be his reason for wanting to play on Canadian teams. Myself I don't want to see Roenick come to the Flames, give him to the Oilers so they can suck some more. :cheeky4:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Sherek X said:
Roenick's just pissed because he didn't get to play for team USA, that might be his reason for wanting to play on Canadian teams. Myself I don't want to see Roenick come to the Flames, give him to the Oilers so they can suck some more. :cheeky4:
i doubt anyone will go to edmonton nowadays. all the cool people are leaving edmonton.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts