Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
NW division top three teams

i agree with u about the flames, with kiprisoff and turek both out with injuries, calgary is not going to win many more games.
the canucks need to find more consistant secondary scoring from players like king, arvedson and chubarov. if the scoring still are rare from these guys, i think brian burke should do a minor trade of the third liners.
the avalanche just need to keep rolling, and when kariya gets back, the second line really got to show the NHL the power of the Dynamic Duos.

·
Hockeyforum Legend
2,960 Posts
Aebischer doesn't belong on that list, and never will. He is not an elite goaltender, no matter how well he has done so far.. he has no experience and plays behind quite a few future hall-of-famers. In a couple years when Sakic, Forsberg, Kariya, Foote, Blake and Selanne are gone, the Avs will no longer be contenders.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
AvsRuleUDrule said:
thank you.... and im sorry that my avs had to show your canucks up at your house... we need some more performances like that one
Well your Avs just wanted it more that night. It was a bigger game for them than the nucks and they played like that. I look forward to games with the Avs. Both teams play hard. If we won them all it wouldn't be as much fun.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I also enjoy everytime both teams set foot on the ice against one another... there is always one thing you can be sure of.. seeing some exceptional hockey from somebody that really steps it up.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
thats a toss up... right now they are sitting at 1-1-1 when they play eachother.... i would love to see them play in the playoffs.... what an amazing series that would be

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Re: avalanche

paulkariya009 said:
before the duo of duck came to denver, i like the canucks beter, but now, colorado avalanche is the best team in the NHL! :D :D :D
Yaa, Kariya has put up huge numbers in Colorado this year. Lacroix was smart to sign Paul. Oops, I forgot that goals in the Colorado Hospitals' Beer League don't count in the NHL.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Re: yea?

paulkariya009 said:
AT LEAST KARIYA CAN SCORE GOALS LIKE LIKE THAT UNLESS PLAYERS IN THE CANUCKS....
I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense. Plus yelling is not very nice.

Your hero Paul Kariya wouldn't yell at other posters if he was in here. But then again with all his free time because of his lame-o wrist injury, he could be spending it posting here. hmmm, you aren't the real Paul Kariya, are you? Don't answer that, you might reinjure your wrist. Bend over and use your nose to press the "Y" key.

·
Registered
72 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Martin Broduer, without a single hint of a doubt!

I don't even consider Aebischer to be top ten in the league.

Where's Vokoun, Lalime, or Kolzig? Nikolai Khabibulin?

Aebischer's not up there yet.
David Aebischer statistically ranks quite highly in important areas such as wins, GAA, and save %. It's hard to think of him as top 10-caliber, but surprisingly, he's actually pretty darn close!

Of course, it remains to be seen if Aebischer can translate his current success into playoff success. So far, I've liked what I've seen....for example, he was very impressive in a couple of heated games against the Canucks...a formidable opponent that they will likely have to get past if they are going to succeed in the playoffs.

We all thought Aebischer was the weak link coming into the season, but I'm now a believer. I thought they'd need to acquire a Khabibulin, Burke or Kolzig in order to win...they don't now. I'd stick with this kid through thick and thin. He's watched one of the best (Roy) succeed...it's due time for the student to practice show us what he's learned!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
indeed.... he has come up big when needed to.. and some of his best games have been right after a shadey performance the game before.... he can bounce back and has a short term memory.... and like you said he studied under one of the greats!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a lot of respect for Aebischer..coming in straight off of such an awesome netminder such as Roy and not letting other people's comparisons get to him (or at least it seems..). In every interview I've read, he's always said that he knows that he is not Roy and isn't trying to replace him in any way, and that's how it should be.

I liked the way Brodeur played in the allstar game today, some of those saves were just sick. I think it's time for another club's goaltending to shine hehe..Colorado has had the spotlight long enough :wink:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts