Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was alot of speculation on how well Aebischer was going to perform in net and I believe he has answered the call and filled the void very nicely..... Im sure it is very hard to be in the shadow of Roy and that it is unfair to compare the two.... but so far Aebischer has been solid in net... especially in the 1-1 tie he produced in Vancouver... He is the only reason we came out of there with a point.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Martin Broduer, without a single hint of a doubt!

I don't even consider Aebischer to be top ten in the league.

Where's Vokoun, Lalime, or Kolzig? Nikolai Khabibulin?

Aebischer's not up there yet.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did anyone of you see last nights game against the Ducks... sure they lost 1-0 but they also didnt show up until the second period... and Abby had a spectacular performance in the first period... he kept them in the game... it wasnt his fault they lost.... it could have easily been 3-0 going into the second.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok guys... maybe i shouldnt have posted the survey because.. i think it took from the main objective of my post.... what i was getting at is that abby has performed well and that i beleive he has hushed alot of the speculation on wether or not pierre will make a move for a goaltender come the deadline

·
Registered
998 Posts
Abby has played well, but they can all play well in the regular season, It's the playoffs that will determine if he can play under pressure. Remember Turco last year, great regular season perhaps one of the beat seasons ever by a goalie, a total bust in the playoffs. So we will wait and see if Abby can do the job in the playoffs.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
leaffan10 said:
Abby has played well, but they can all play well in the regular season, It's the playoffs that will determine if he can play under pressure. Remember Turco last year, great regular season perhaps one of the beat seasons ever by a goalie, a total bust in the playoffs. So we will wait and see if Abby can do the job in the playoffs.
I don't know if you can call Turco's playoffs a "total bust" but I agree that Abby will be judged more by what he does in the post season regardless of how well he is performing right now.

Being in the shadow of Roy the last couple of years you couldn't tell how good Abby really is. So far so good but it is still early. I was at the game in Vancouver and he was incredible that night. No doubt an average performance in goal and the Canucks win easily.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I chose Raycroft, looks like im the only one on that one hahahahahah, broedur obviously is the best goalie so far, but raycroft will soon be up there because he's young

·
Registered
126 Posts
the_bruin_bear_4... I also like Raycroft but...

Like you said, he's young. He's done a tremendous job in Boston. Anyway Felix wasn't the anwser! I think Andrew's got in front of the pack in the rookie of the year race. Let's see what happens but i'm glad to see young goaltenders coming from the Bruins system. Don't miss Hannu Toivonen in the WJC starting tomorrow, he's also the future in Beantown.

Philly is in the exact same situation. They have Robert Esche who is ready to be number one... Hackett is good but Esche is younger and Hungrier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Aebisher needs to be Roy

many of u may say that Aebisher is not good enough to bring home the Stanley Cup for the Avls but he needs too.
Roys retired, and his salary is used to sign the dynamic Duo of the Ducks, other cash is used to resign tanguay and (maybe) forsberg. the avls dont have the cash to bringing a goalie that has the quality near roy.
no matter how Aebisher plays, the avls must produce offensively and play well defensive.
Aebisher played very well during the two games vs the Vancouver Canucks (especiallly the first one), if he can play that well in the post season, i think they wil have a great playoff run

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thank you.... and im sorry that my avs had to show your canucks up at your house... we need some more performances like that one

·
Registered
10 Posts
Avls or Canucks?

maybe the top line of the avalanche had produced well in the game against the canucks, but the series of the Cancucks and the Avalanche is evened up at 1-1-1.
so now, the NW division winner is still not too clear. Avalanche, Canucks and even the Flames could take home the prize.
:wink:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
It's early mind you, Calgary will possibly fade in the standings. I don't think Sutter would allow that though, or his players.

Colorado could go on a usual hot streak.

Vancouver's hopes are to keep winning at a consistent basis.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts