Hockey Fan Forums banner

A way to save the Islanders season!!

2437 Views 18 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  syxball
Remember: Salvation lies in the fishsticks jersey!!

Heh. :!: :lol: :!:
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
ScumWithANoose said:
Remember: Salvation lies in the fishsticks jersey!!

Heh. :!: :lol: :!:
Let's see if the season ended today, who would be in the playoffs. That's right the Isles would and the Rangers would be out yet another year. I bet their long game and putting has really improved over the years being that they get to the golf greens so early.
For the time being the Icelanders are doing better then the Rangers. But thats because we have a chimp running the organization. Take the money that we have plus a good front office and the Rangers would be kings of the league. The Icelanders have their players selling hot dogs and beer in between periods to help pay for their contracts. So yuck it up while you can. When Sather has his "accident" going down the stairs and someone can take over GMing and (a different person!!) can take over coaching we'll see who is laughing.
Course by that time there will be a salary cap but whatever!! WE WANT FISH STICKS!! Heh :D
ScumWithANoose said:
Course by that time there will be a salary cap but whatever!! WE WANT FISH STICKS!! Heh :D
Shouldnt this be in trash talk? Your jealousy is really showing here.
syxball is right.

the Islanders have played semi-well this season, and deserve to be in the playoffs more than the Rangers do. The team actually has some chemistry, unlike the Rangers.. and are missing they're best player (when he wants to be).

The Rangers have nothing to show for 6 years with their 90MIL payroll.
scorpionn said:
...The Rangers have nothing to show for 6 years with their 90MIL payroll.
At least the fans can look forward to cheaper ticket prices next season. That's if Dolan keeps his promise.
jarhead said:
At least the fans can look forward to cheaper ticket prices next season. That's if Dolan keeps his promise.
MSG give money back? Doubtful.
ScumWithANoose said:
jarhead said:
MSG give money back? Doubtful.
I wouldn't expect too much of a decrease in ticket prices for the rangers. Pataki is trying to introduce a new ticket tax on all NY teams, including Buffalo. The Isles prices won't go up by much. After this years problem with the prices (overall price increase and premium game prices), Wang and Co. have learned from their mistake...I can only hope.
Opacktool said:
I wouldn't expect too much of a decrease in ticket prices for the rangers. Pataki is trying to introduce a new ticket tax on all NY teams, including Buffalo. The Isles prices won't go up by much. After this years problem with the prices (overall price increase and premium game prices), Wang and Co. have learned from their mistake...I can only hope.
That premium game garbage is a joke. They learned it from the New York Mets. Slight difference is that the mets have 81 home games while the Icelanders do not. Hopefully they'll get rid of it, or at the very least lower everything a certain percentage.
ScumWithANoose said:
Icelanders
Whatever you say Steve Sommers.
syxball said:
Scum here, Syxball theeeeeeeeeeeere :p
syxball said:
ScumWithANoose said:
Icelanders
Sommers better catch up on his Devils knowledge now that the Rag$ are going to 1050 ESPN and the Devs are going to the FAN. It would've been funny to hear Sommers if the Isles went to the FAN, but thats alright, they may be going to Bloomberg radio anyway. And on that note, 1050's signal is stronger east of Manhattan (I wouldn't be surprised if Iceland picked up the signal!), so Rag fans west, south, and north of the city may have some problems picking up the games...unless they quickly strengthen the signal.
Opacktool said:
Sommers better catch up on his Devils knowledge now that the Rag$ are going to 1050 ESPN and the Devs are going to the FAN. It would've been funny to hear Sommers if the Isles went to the FAN, but thats alright, they may be going to Bloomberg radio anyway. And on that note, 1050's signal is stronger east of Manhattan (I wouldn't be surprised if Iceland picked up the signal!), so Rag fans west, south, and north of the city may have some problems picking up the games...unless they quickly strengthen the signal.
Heh I preferred having the Rangers on the Fan tho. I always got a great signal... Course the studio is about a 2 min walk from my front door :) Course I may be a bit biased. Heh.
ScumWithANoose said:
Heh I preferred having the Rangers on the Fan tho. I always got a great signal... Course the studio is about a 2 min walk from my front door :) Course I may be a bit biased. Heh.
Yeah, the FAN has a great signal, I can pick it up as far south as Atlantic City. The amazing thing is 1050 says that they broadcast from atop MSG, yet the signal fades around that area. Although I have heard that Manhattan comes in pretty clear, so you won't have a problem. It's just the fans to the west and north that will have the most difficulty. I do think it's a good move though by 1050. I mean, they picked up the Rag$ and the Knicks, while FAN gets the Devs and Nets. You can be pretty certain that the FAN's ratings will suffer when theres a Devs game on. I mean, hell, having the Devs on radio should be against the law...I fall asleep watching them on TV, I can't imagine how many people will fall asleep at the wheel listening to that.
Opacktool said:
Yeah, the FAN has a great signal, I can pick it up as far south as Atlantic City. The amazing thing is 1050 says that they broadcast from atop MSG, yet the signal fades around that area. Although I have heard that Manhattan comes in pretty clear, so you won't have a problem. It's just the fans to the west and north that will have the most difficulty. I do think it's a good move though by 1050. I mean, they picked up the Rag$ and the Knicks, while FAN gets the Devs and Nets. You can be pretty certain that the FAN's ratings will suffer when theres a Devs game on. I mean, hell, having the Devs on radio should be against the law...I fall asleep watching them on TV, I can't imagine how many people will fall asleep at the wheel listening to that.
The FAN should just forget about having live sports on their station and stick to talk radio. Let Steve and Joe take over the radio station. Not sure if you Icelander fans would like that but at least they are entertaining :)
The Rangers seemed to have slipped in the standings.

It's an uphill battle now.
The rangers just don't get it. They spend money on individual talent and it doesn't occur to the that u can't CAN'T BUY A CUP they shouldn't be in the play-off picture. There almost as bad as the Yankess
newfie_goff said:
The rangers just don't get it. They spend money on individual talent and it doesn't occur to the that u can't CAN'T BUY A CUP they shouldn't be in the play-off picture. There almost as bad as the Yankess
Yeah but unfortunately, the Yankees seem to spend their money on players that seem to fit well within their organization. Until the Rag$ start picking up the players that fit well, they will continue to fall.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.