Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Devils haven't won a game since March 20th, and after tonight's loss that makes it 6 in a row that we've dropped. Looking at the remaining games I'm hoping we can string together some wins and go into the playoffs on a high note. Any ideas as to why were in this slump in the first place?

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I actually think the team has gotten complacent since Marty came back. They played so well without him I think when he came back they thought "Whew, we got through that, now everything will be fine", and they got away from what won them games when he was gone. And I do think that Marty setting the wins record was a big emotional thing for the whole team. Throw all that together and I think the season just caught up with them.

The other big problem has been their special teams, which have been complete garbage lately. Over the last 6 games their PP has been nonexistent and their PK is giving up a goal every third opportunity. That's not going to get it done.

It's definitely something to worry about, but I'm not going to go all doom-and-gloom and say they're done. I'd rather they got through this with some games left than in the first round.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
sabres got beaten by njd. what do they have a 7 game winning streak now? If buffalo beat 2 or 3 place caps, how did they not beat njd. Were they not clearing the puck out of thier zone like on that pp when they DID NOT CLEAR THE PUCK OUT OF THEIR ZONE AND THE GUY TOOK THE SHOT, IT WAS DEFELECTED IN THE GOAL BY ZACK PARISE!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts