MANITOBA BISONS 2012-13
The Bisons announced their first batch of recruits today. Therefore, it is time to start a thread for next season. If you want a stroll down memory lane, check the 2011-12 Thread. The new players (click names for their Elite Prospects career stats) are:
Paul Ciarelli - centre - Brandon Wheat Kings
- After splitting time with the Blues (MJHL) and Wheat Kings (WHL), he played four full seasons for the Wheaties. He is coming off a 15 goal season.
Brock Sutherland - defence - Calgary Hitmen
- The already stacked Bison D did not really need another blue-chip prospect, but they got one anyway. I guess if the Bisons sign all the defencemen then nobody else will have any. He also split the 2007-08 season between the MJHL and WHL, only with Swan River and Lethbridge. He then spent most of his WHL career with Tri-City before being traded to Calgary during the 2011-12 campaign.
Aaron Lewadniuk - centre - Bakersfield Condors (ECHL)
- He notched 43 goals for Winkler (MJHL) in 2007-08 and then went to Omaha (USHL), Brandon (WHL) for two years, and then bounced around the ECHL for two more years.
Dylan Kelly - forward - Winnipeg Blues (MJHL)
- He is the sole non-WHL grad amongst those announced. He is coming off a 32 goal season for the Blues.
Tyler Wiwchar - defence - Winnipeg Saints (MJHL)
- He was not amongst the players announced. Elite Prospects has him as a November transfer. The MJHL announced him as a U of M student and scholarship winner. However, he continued to play for the Saints. Stay tuned.
Blair Macaulay and Jeremy Schappert won two awards each in 2011-12 and are coming back for another year. In the CW awards story Macaulay won the MVP and Schappert was the top defenceman. Then in the CIS awards story they were both named 2nd team all-stars.
Travis Mealy went to the Tulsa Oilers (CHL) and Mike Hellyer went to the Idaho Steelheads (ECHL) before going to the Texas Brahmas (CHL).