Hockey Fan Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Anyone want to guess what the PP lines will look like to start the season. I wouldn't be surprised if they look something like this...

JVR-Giroux-Jagr
Pronger-Carle

Hartnell-Briere-Voracek
Timonen- Meszaros

But if they want to test Schenn on the PP I like this...

Giroux-Briere-Jagr
JVR-Schenn-Voracek

What are everyone else's thoughts? In the end, I don't care what the PP units look like as long as they finish better than last season. Top 10 would be nice.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Jagr Giroux Briere
Pronger JVR

Simmonds Schenn Voracek
Kimmo Coburn

Or depending on when he makes the team

JVR Schenn Couturier
Pronger Simmonds

I am playing around with a forward at the point but i can not think of anyone on our team that has a real bomb of a shot beside JVR, I haven't seen Simmonds too much to know how his shot is yet.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
At the start of last season, Sergei Bobrovsky(notes) was the great goaltending hope for the Philadelphia Flyers, outplaying Marc-Andre Fleury(notes) in his NHL debut and eventually placing seventh in the Calder Trophy voting for rookie of the year.

This summer, life changed for him, and not just because he was recently married. The Flyers signed former Phoenix Coyotes goalie Ilya Bryzgalov(notes) to a 9-year contract, handing him the starting goalie job. Is Bobrovsky content to be a backup in Philadelphia?
Pavel Lysenkov of Sovetsky Sport spoke with Bobrovsky recently and asked him several questions Puck Daddy passed along about the upcoming NHL season; his thoughts on the Bryzgalov signing and the trades of Jeff Carter(notes) and Mike Richards(notes); and, of course, married life. Here's the interview:

Q. What did you learn in your first year in the NHL?

BOBROVSKY: I learned a lot when it comes to American life and hockey. I saw what a serious team with big ambitions is. I saw how athletes and their relatives are treated; how a coach works with you at practices. Skating, techniques, physiological training; how to survive the marathon that the NHL regular season is, when there are games every other day and you are under pressure every time. And then a new season starts — the playoffs, and the pressure there is even greater, and you are not allowed to lose. An entire world opened up for me!
Great interview from Bobrovsky. Where ever he is playing I hope he is performing well. All I've heard about this guy is good things and this interview backs that up. Here is the rest of it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Chatting-with-Flyers-goalie-Sergei-Bobrovsky-abo?urn=nhl-wp11042

·
Registered
309 Posts
That interview is pretty good. I do hope that eventually he will nudge out Bryz in 2-4yrs and become our number one. I hope he gets some decent ice time to show that he isn't just a one time wonder. I'd love for him to play his entire career at Philadelphia like he said.

·
Registered
146 Posts
They did, 6 years 25.5 million

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Flyers announce that Pronger will wear the C and the A's will be worn by Timonen and Briere.
No surprise here at all. Just saw this article on ESPN. Thinking about a road trip to Montreal for a Flyers game this year.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
No surprise here at all. Just saw this article on ESPN. Thinking about a road trip to Montreal for a Flyers game this year.
Yeah, this is what I was expecting as well. I always wanted to go to a game in Montreal. That would be great if you could make that trip happen.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Yeah, this is what I was expecting as well. I always wanted to go to a game in Montreal. That would be great if you could make that trip happen.
Yeah, should be a blast, I think it's the December 15th game. Myself and another Marine (my boss) and two of his wife's cousins are going to make the road trip. Going to take off two days of work to head up Thursday morning, hang out, see the game, and then maybe stay Friday night as well, but either way, it should be blast. I'll have to learn some explicit phrases about the Habs in French!

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Bob looked very solid making some nice saves in the shutout win over the Leafs.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Couturier and Matt Read looked great. Rinaldos goal was awesome as well. Solid play from Bob. I'd say he will be definite backup to Bryz.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I was impressed with how calm Bobrovsky looked. Can't really explain it, he just looked more relaxed and confident. I was also impressed with Read and thought Simmonds looked good. Gustafsson showed his speed at times, which I like to see, especially on D.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was at the first game in Toronto and i am going to the game in London. Thats where i am now.I wanna see Couturier stay up for good. Suspend Shelley for 82 games and that willhappen come on Shanny.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I was at the first game in Toronto and i am going to the game in London. Thats where i am now.I wanna see Couturier stay up for good. Suspend Shelley for 82 games and that willhappen come on Shanny.
Yeah, that was a terrible decision by Shelley.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts