Hockey Fan Forums banner

661 - 673 of 673 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I heard about the closed door meeting with Homer and the team. I would like to think it's going to change their play, but at this point I'm not expecting much from them for the rest of the regular season. If losing their once big lead for first in the conference isn't enough to motivate them and neither is being very close to giving up the division title I don't think a meeting will help.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
What kind of effort and game is everyone expecting from the Flyers? They have had a good amount of time to think about how badly they've been playing and it's up to them if they want to change it or not. I'm expecting big games from Carter and Giroux, but I hope I can talk about more having great games.

·
Registered
309 Posts
It's their first good break for a bit. They haven't had a lot during the last month and a bit.
They should have a good game. I'm guessing that Leighton will be starting for the last game of the season since Bob is in net tonight.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not too sure I want to watch the rest of this season. i have a gut feeling/common sense that we won't last long in the playoffs. Put Leighton in. What is the worst that could happen?

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Leighton is not going to be able to be thrown in net and outperform Bob or Boosh. He has had one NHL game this entire season and looked awful. He was brought up incase of drastic measures and Bob not looking great because the entire team in front of him has played like garbage doesn't mean he isn't playing well.

We will all get to see Bobrovsky in game one and hopefully watch him perform well all playoffs. If not, Boosh has proven time and time again that he can come in and get the job done. The ending to their season was weak, but I think this team will be ready for playoff hockey.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Have you seen what Leighton has been up to in the AHL? He has been ripping it up. i know it is a different story stepping into NHL, but he has been having a lot of good games with the phantoms. Pretty consistent also.

I think we will have a shaky start against Buffalo, but i think we will go all the way to 7 games and take out round 1. Especially getting Pronger and Betts back.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Have you seen what Leighton has been up to in the AHL? He has been ripping it up. i know it is a different story stepping into NHL, but he has been having a lot of good games with the phantoms. Pretty consistent also.

I think we will have a shaky start against Buffalo, but i think we will go all the way to 7 games and take out round 1. Especially getting Pronger and Betts back.
Leighton has always been a good AHL goalie, but never good enough to be a consistent NHL goalie. They brought him up in case of something drastic, injury or both goalies really s*** the bed. I just don't see him playing in these playoffs and with one NHL game this season I don't see how anyone would want to see him, other than his opponents.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think the first few games are going to be hard on Philly. They had a really bad last month and a half schedule wise, nearly playing a game every two nights. I don't know who makes the schedule up, but it didn't favour the flyers for a playoff run.
The first few games, hopefully with Pronger and our penalty killer Betts back, we can get a bit of quick chemistry back and start playing hard. I don't think they are going to sit back and watch games go past them like they have been for the last part of the year. The playoffs matter and I think they are all going to step it up. Hoping they will have a field day against all teams.
I think Bob has been the best goalie for us, especially after a loss. He has amazing ability to bounce back straight after a big loss. the last five games he has lost have mostly been because the guys in front haven't helped out in the goal department and bad turnovers.

I have faith, but I am also a little worried what to expect.
I think Briere, Giroux and Carter are going to come up big, as well as Pronger after a few games back and Meszaros, Coburn and Timonen.

Can't wait to see how they go.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I've been hearing some bad news on Pronger, like sometime next week returning. While this is bad news for the Flyers I still expect to see them handle this series well. Their offense is overwhelming and even without Pronger the D looks solid. I think the Sabres are missing Leopold though, so their D isn't entirely healthy either.

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Who knows when he will be back. Some are saying Game 3. Homer is saying he is a gametime decision tomorrow. Who cares, the team has to be ready..Pronger or no Pronger. We can beat Buffalo without him.

·
Registered
309 Posts
It's going to be a difficult off-season. We could well be saying goodbye to a great player or two I think.

Bobrovsky done extremely well in his first NHL season. Little down in the last half, but still done some great work.

So what do you think will happen?

- If we get a new #1 starting goalie, who will serve as backup, who will get traded or who will go to the AHL?

- If there is no new goalie introduced.
Who will be starting goalie, who's backup and where does the third goalie go?

If they get a new #1 goalie, Boucher could backup, Bob down to AHL for more experience and confidence building and Leighton traded off to make cap space(but who would want him?Islanders?)

So many questions, so long to wait for the answers!

661 - 673 of 673 Posts