Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 673 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
I would like to see more from Zherdev. Hopefully the Flyers can win this period...
Zherdev doesn't even look good in the offensive zone. I don't know what his deal is. He looks scared...

On a good note Carter looks really good.

Wow, strong move by JVR after taking a tough pass on the backhand, driving to the net, and drawing a powerplay without much time left...Impressive.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Retarded call by the ref. All that does is take Carter off the ice and ruin his chance for a hat trick. I hate goalies and how dramatic they are...
That call was ridiculous. He was barely bumped but looked like he'd been shot. I've seen more contact on goaltenders not called. Didn't matter though.

Bobo had one soft goal, but he looked very solid.

Arena was loud and it was a good atmosphere with the banner raising.

I sat in 219A last night and it was the first game where I sat directly behind the goalie. Not a bad seat.

Good to see Pronger back. I'd like to see the Flyers be a little more patient, control the puck, and work the cycling game in the offensive zone. Too many rushed passes resulted in turnovers.

I also would really like to see Carcillo pulled from the top line and put on the 4th. Sit Shelley unless there is a need for him to play. Someone needs to be on that top line that can work with Richie and Carter who is capable of making passes and shooting the puck well.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
So who does everyone think gets the starting position for Thursday? I say go with the goalie who is winning games, even though Boosh played well against St. Louis and the loss wasn't his fault at all. Also, about Carcillo on that first line, I agree, but don't know if there's anything that could be done that I would like. I like that third line of JVR-Giroux-Zherdev and really don't want to split up the Hartnell-Briere-Leino line. I think the original three lines looked good while they played together at home and need to stay like that for at least a couple more games. I would obviously like someone more skilled than Carcillo up there with Carter and Richards, but I don't know if breaking up the other two would be worth it. Although he doesn't have a great offensive skill level I thought he and the rest of the line played well against the Avs. I can't wait until Thursday and the return of Gagne!

·
Registered
934 Posts
They'll go with Bobrovsky I'm sure. Personally I think it's a move they shouldn't have done in the first place, but if they have the mindset to start him game one, I see no reason he won't be starting game 3.

On a side note, Matt Carle looks freakishly good so far this year. I'm not sure what it is, but his stick work defensively has been noticebly better, and he just always seems to know how long he can carry the puck.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
They'll go with Bobrovsky I'm sure. Personally I think it's a move they shouldn't have done in the first place, but if they have the mindset to start him game one, I see no reason he won't be starting game 3.

On a side note, Matt Carle looks freakishly good so far this year. I'm not sure what it is, but his stick work defensively has been noticebly better, and he just always seems to know how long he can carry the puck.
I'm assuming you mean game 4? And I think Carle has looked very good as well. Having him improve a bit defensively from last year will be huge.

·
Registered
934 Posts
My boy Matt Carle actually made a mistake tonight, but finally Zherdev gets on the board. Somehow Gagne manages to be a -1...

Wow, that was a pretty passing play...St. Louis is ridiculous. 3-1 Lightning.

Briere scores - 3-2

I'd also like to mention I'd like Pavel Kubina to join the Penguins and teach them how to get pucks through from the point on the powerplay.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
:y Pretty disappointing game for the Flyers. The PP still has no goals to show for and might of been at its worse tonight. The team just didn't have it tonight and I would like Giroux to teach Richards how to score on a breakaway.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Boosh sucked last night, Bob should be in for more than 1 game.
I'm thinking as long as he doesn't really struggle Bobrovsky should get the nod for 3-4 games. Go with the goalie who is winning games, but it doesn't matter who is in net, the Flyers need to start playing a full game at the tempo they are capable of. A high energy system requires high energy, which the Flyers lack for too much during these games so far.

21 - 40 of 673 Posts