Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
The way people were talking about Hall, if he had been eligible last year he would have been a top 3-4 pick. So I would have to say right now he is the lock for #1. BUt we've seen it before where things change. Kovalchuk came out of nowhere to bump Spezza out of the #1 spot where he had been predicted to go since he was 15 or 16.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a chance either drops, lol.

Multiple scouts said they would have taken Hall 1st Overall had he been available last year actually. He's definitely one of the most dynamic offensive players to have come around in years.

I'm really high on Fowler though. He's got the ability to slow down games and control them just by having the puck. That's rare.

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Something all to familiar about that isn't there? :n
It hasn't been familure for the last 2 drafts, we've come out pretty good. I highly doubt this leafs team finshes in the lottery any way so it is a moot point. I do however hope Burke can obtain a late 1st round or some 2nds at the deadline. I suppose the real test for Burke is resisting the urge to trade a prospect(s) like Tlusty, Kulemin etc to grab a vetren forward to make a run in the playoffs.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
It hasn't been familure for the last 2 drafts, we've come out pretty good. I highly doubt this leafs team finshes in the lottery any way so it is a moot point. I do however hope Burke can obtain a late 1st round or some 2nds at the deadline. I suppose the real test for Burke is resisting the urge to trade a prospect(s) like Tlusty, Kulemin etc to grab a vetren forward to make a run in the playoffs.
IF he does that then we know for sure he has been drinking the kool aid that they serve at MLSE.

HE did say with the signing of all the ufa's he did, Hanson, Monster etc. that he felt he could give up the picks, but it still hurt. I like all the young talent on the team but it is still just young talent. The inexperince and not being used to the grind of an 82 game NHL schedule might wear own some of these guys as the season goes on. That said there is an abundance of second and third teir players. Moving a Stajan or Mitchell in a bigger deal is not a bad idea.

I really don't have a problem with him moving some youth, just as long it isn't for guys already in their 30's, like previous GM's have done.

·
Registered
335 Posts
It's Hall. With like 95% probability. Fowler MIGHT be #1.
It's Hall,Fowler,Kabanov. In that order.

Edit: Seguin making a strong case for the top 3.

Edit: Just in case you don't follow the OHL...

Hall got 11 points (6g+5a) in 5 games played, ( tied with 2 other guys as #2 in scoring race ) he is +3
Fowler got 8 points (8a)in 5 games played ( tied with DeHart as #1 in scoring race among defensemen ) he is 0 in +/-

Kabanov is still not playing because he hasn't received his transfer papers yet.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Boston will be picking 1st, lucky Bastages

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Hall/Fowler/Kabanov, 1st Rounder and 2nd Rounder for Kessel?

Milbury style.
You got that right.

Maybe we should strike while the iron is hot and trade Kaberle, Poni and Stajan for Hal Gill? :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Either Taylor Hall or Kirill Kabanov. Those two both posses a lot of the skills it takes to play in the NHL right away. But Kabanov might need to get a little stronger first. But he'll probably stay in Russia for a year or two after he gets picked anyway

·
Registered
335 Posts
Either Taylor Hall or Kirill Kabanov. Those two both posses a lot of the skills it takes to play in the NHL right away. But Kabanov might need to get a little stronger first. But he'll probably stay in Russia for a year or two after he gets picked anyway
He won't come back to Russia. He's viewed as a traitor in Russia.

Anyway, there's a kid named Tarasenko. Already getting solid ice time in the KHL. I've watched him a few times and I think he's going to be a special player.Might be a steal of the draft.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts